Thread: A gift for the next Christmas

A gift for the next Christmas

The main asset of mobile-based VR is that people have already their mobile phone; they simply need to add an affordable phone accessory, a VR headset, for next-generation entertainment in the virtual environment: giant screen movie theater, concert, tour, games, ...

Mobile-based VR for the time being: Samsung Galaxy Note 4 + Samsung Gear VR
    audio-video file > VR player running on a 2560*1440-screened Galaxy Note 4 phone slotted into a Gear VR headset > headphone out >> headphones

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	LL.jpg 
Views:	13 
Size:	48.1 KB 
ID:	7704

Apparently, the killer app for mobile-based VR entertainment could be the player of movies (i.e. traditional 2D / 3D movies or new VR movies).

In order to have a great movie experience, the mobile VR device (i.e. mobile phone + VR headset) should provide the cleanest and most immersive audio possible:

. Clean audio via USB out port:
    movie file > VR movie player running on a mobile phone slotted into a VR headset > PCM audio stream > VR headset's USB out >> standard USB DAC/amp >> standard headphones

. Immersive audio via virtual surround sound engine (Smyth Research's SVS, ...):
    5.1/7.1 audio-encoded movie file > VR movie player with virtual surround sound engine running on a mobile phone slotted into a VR headset > PCM audio stream > USB audio out >> USB DAC/amp >> headphones

In order to have an immersive viewing enjoyment, the mobile VR device should provide most natural images possible at the highest possible resolution:

. Highest possible resolution in the next future: 4K or 3840*2160 (i.e. 1920*2160 per eye)
    movie file > VR movie player with virtual surround sound engine running on a mobile phone with 4K display slotted into a VR headset > USB audio out >> USB DAC/amp >> headphones

. Most natural images possible using High Dynamic Range (HDR) technology (Dolby Vision, ...):
    upcoming HDR-encoded movie file > VR movie player with HDR & virtual surround sound capabilities running on a mobile phone with 4K display slotted into a VR headset > USB audio out >> USB DAC/amp >> headphones

USB audio out, virtual surround sound, 4K display and HDR are obviously useful for other potential VR killer apps like games or videos (VR concert, VR tour, ...).

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	LL.jpg 
Views:	16 
Size:	27.9 KB 
ID:	7705

Looks really good!

Nice and looks good. Thanks for sharing this. Regards: @marry
    Last edited by marryjames; 11-09-2021 at 07:30.

Hot chocolate, sugar cookies, homemade chocolates, or a breakfast gift basket all make great holiday food gifts for neighbors. Small Christmas décor or other items for the home are also appropriate but your gift should be for the family, not just one person in the home

targetpayandbenefits
    Last edited by margots5; 15-09-2021 at 09:22.

It all depends on what exactly this or that person wants to get as a gift. I know that my favorite women appreciate clothes and suitable accessories, so for me, for example, almost no problem to choose a gift. You can look beautifulhalo reviews, it is a store where I often buy gifts for my women, I think you will appreciate this place!

The best gift is unique. I think anyone can agree with this statement. The most important thing is that it fits the person you are giving it to. As for me, an interesting option would be the offer of the site https://www.parfum.ae/. You choose your own fragrance and bottle. It's an interesting idea.

Give companionable games suitable for home parties! A great New Year's gift for 2021 could be a game of Activiti, Monopoly, Carcassonne, Colonisers, Imaginarium or Ersh for very cheerful companies.

I adore Christmas's and currently I am checking various of different interesting options online at this website which is a really effective website, where are a lot of various interesting products. I really like orange chocolate, because it is having this tasty sharp taste and brings a lot of vitamins. Healthy products are really effective and especially made from organic beans.