Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tab S 8.4 (t705) drains battery quickly and restarts randomly

Exclamation Tab S 8.4 (t705) drains battery quickly and restarts randomly

after charging it to 100% battery drop is by 10-15% every 5 mins of usage. sometimes it behaves abnormaly by getting 100% charged in no time!...battery drops in big jumps...say from 70% to 40%. I face random reboots frequently...screen flickers and shuts down.
    I've tried factory reset but still not working! plz help

Super Moderator
    your battery might be damaged, if your phone's battery is bad by putting it on a flat surface and trying to "spin" it. it spins, supposedly the battery is swollen and needs to be replaced.

It seems like the problem is more complicated..
    whenever I remove the charger, tab restarts itself, even when I just swipe through the homescreen, but when I paly any video, it never happens..
    while unplugged, it reboots repeatedly until I plug it back..

Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by kushjain94 [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    It seems like the problem is more complicated..
    whenever I remove the charger, tab restarts itself, even when I just swipe through the homescreen, but when I paly any video, it never happens..
    while unplugged, it reboots repeatedly until I plug it back..
    This is not the software problem. try replacing the battery

Ok thanks for your suggestion i'll try it

It verry difficult to determine if the battery is faulty . Hard or soft ? Your tablet is rooted ? If yes , try to freeze / uninstall some app , who eat energy from battery . In the past I have that problem and I solve through app uninstall . What is value of temperature battery ? It is more than 40 degrees Celsius ? If so warm ,try to cool your tablet and put it in frige or ice bag (it is usefull trick ! ) Try Coolify Pro app ,Xposed Installer , BussyBox Pro , and root your tablet. Remove Knox with cf-root and set SELlinux on permisive mode. In present I have 1015 apps instaled on my tablet Samsung Galaxy Tab S 8'4", without problems.
    Ingineer (romanien) Teodoru Iustinian.

Have you ever installed new firmware in your tab? If answer is yes, you may try to use root explorer to find an app named INDEX. SERVICE from system/app/index.service, if you find it, delete it. Another way is to check the battery using status, to see if there's obvious application is consuming the battery. Or last way , install a new firmware and then use root app cleaner to clean those useless or extra apps. Of course you can try to change battery.

ya.. my friends also facing same problem.. they just do clean wipe chache

After months of sudden battery drain on 1 yr old Tab S 8.4 (T700), I've finally found the issue.

It started with quick battery drain, along with random reboots and horizontal lines across the screen. Figuring it was the battery, I ordered a new one (non-OEM). After going through the cycle process of the new battery it was still draining quickly. I'd be lucky to get 2-3 hours of moderate use.

I recall reading something about a connection being loose so I opened up the tablet and noticed the power connector didn't seem to be sit tight. I disconnected and reconnected it but it just didn't want to 'snap' on tight and always move around more than it should.

I applied some electrical tape to it and then installed the original battery and charged it back up.

I'm happy to say this fixed my battery drain...not to mention I now have a spare battery

The loose connector:

[ Login above or register to see download links. ]

Taped

[ Login above or register to see download links. ]

thanks for your help
    I'll try it