Thread: Tab S frozen in black screen mode

Tab S frozen in black screen mode

Here is the issue :
    On a Galaxy Tab S 10.5 (rooted using CF_AutoRoot_Port_T800_BeansTown106.tar.md5 with Odin3.09 ), I have tried to using a trick to improve WiFi speed.
    So I have edited, modified, then saved the file build.prop in /system using ES Explorer (root mode) but I have forgotten to check out rights. (must be 644)
    After rebooting, tablet was frozen with the black first screen ( with white label Samsung ).

I succeeded switching off the tablet : plugging to notebook with usb cable, holding down PWr+Vol down+Home until screen came black, then releasing buttons to get the charging mode, then unplugging.

Using Odin 3.09, I have tried to flash openrecovery-twrp-2.8.5.0-chagallwifi.tar. ( same way as to root )
    At end, I have gotten <OSM> All threads completed. (succeed 1 / failed 0)
    But when I get to Recovery mode, I read the following, just before classic menu :
    Android system recovery <3e>
    KOT49H.T800XXU1ANF8

So I think twrp was not installed.

Remarks :
    1 - Flashing again CF_AutoRoot_Port_T800_BeansTown106.tar.md5 with Odin 3.09 gave same message <OSM> All threads completed. (succeed 1 / failed 0) but black screen frozen after auto-reboot.
    2 - I tried ADB. Entering adb devices returns : 32040ddfc1eb912d sideload
    so I have to enter adb sideload <filename> ( but which file ??? )
    If I enter adb push c:\build.prop /system/build.prop nothing happens ( original build.prop mode 644 )
    3 - No backup with Titanium Backup because of not enough place over my ExtSdCard

Thanks in advance in any detailed help to solve up this issue.

Trouble fixed up ...... by chance ?

=> Problem solved.
    Last edited by jeppy38; 02-03-2015 at 17:52.