Thread: Tab Pro 10.1 TGY to BTU

Tab Pro 10.1 TGY to BTU

I have a Tab Pro 10.1 WiFi that was sourced from Hong Kong.
    I have been trying to replace the stock Hong Kong firmware (TGY CSC) with stock UK firmware (BTU CSC), but have had problems.
    ODIN 3.09 always fails on hidden.img when flashing the UK BTU firmware, but works fine flashing the Hong Kong TGY firmware.

The firmware packages that I have used are the latest downloads from Sammobile, and extract to a single *******.tar.md5 file.
    I have added this file to the AP section of ODIN, with nothing selected under PIT, BL, CP or CSC.

Am I doing something wrong?

Thanks for any help.

Quote Originally Posted by rdbffc [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    I have a Tab Pro 10.1 WiFi that was sourced from Hong Kong.
    I have been trying to replace the stock Hong Kong firmware (TGY CSC) with stock UK firmware (BTU CSC), but have had problems.
    ODIN 3.09 always fails on hidden.img when flashing the UK BTU firmware, but works fine flashing the Hong Kong TGY firmware.

The firmware packages that I have used are the latest downloads from Sammobile, and extract to a single *******.tar.md5 file.
    I have added this file to the AP section of ODIN, with nothing selected under PIT, BL, CP or CSC.

Am I doing something wrong?

Thanks for any help.
    No it does not look like your doing anything wrong.

The BTU firmware you are trying to use is actually older meaning (your trying to downgrade).
    The TGY firmware is of a higher version on the PDA and CSC and most probably the bootloader as well.

This is the most probable reason why = you cannot downgrade it is getting more and more difficult.

At the moment some users are able to downgrade from lollipop to kitkat but this is another story apart from yours.

Hi samsungfozzy, thanks for taking the time to reply to my question.

I just wanted to confirm the versions that I am trying to use, as the BTU UK version has a later build date than the original TGY Hong Kong version.
    Does this sort of change require a PIT file to repartition?

Model: SM-T520
    Model name: GALAXY TabPRO 10.1 Wi-Fi
    Version: Android 4.4.2
    Changelist: 1338754
    Build date: Fri, 09 May 2014 08:10:06 +0000
    Product Code: TGY
    PDA: T520ZSUANE1
    CSC: T520OZSANE1
    MODEM: T520ZSUANE1

Model: SM-T520
    Model name: GALAXY TabPRO 10.1 Wi-Fi
    Version: Android 4.4.2
    Changelist: 2776001
    Build date: Mon, 15 Sep 2014 05:28:30 +0000
    Product Code: BTU
    PDA: T520XXUANI1
    CSC: T520BTUANI1
    MODEM: T520XXUANI1

It seems I may have been looking at a different model so before I comment any further.

So if you can clarify what your model is by downloading this app phoneinfo from the playstore and posting back the screen shots (dont include your IMEI number).

[ Login above or register to see download links. ]

Device info

Hi samsungfozzy,

I have attached the images.

[ Login above or register to see download links. ][ Login above or register to see download links. ][ Login above or register to see download links. ][ Login above or register to see download links. ]

Quote Originally Posted by rdbffc [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    Hi samsungfozzy,

I have attached the images.
    Have you edited the Product code, Baseband, Manufacturing date ??

I do not know what I looked at before but the firmware you posted in post #3 should be ok, I cannot see a problem although the TGY is a slightly bigger image. This should only be the "bloat" though.

You should not need to use PIT files and advise not to use one.

Are you able to use Kies3 ? like does it recognise your device and can exchange data to and from your device ? then try the following before using Odin to upgrade.

It is recommend to try this before and after upgrades.

Back up/remove your required data if you have put it back on, then;
    1, remove battery for 10 minutes
    2, enter recovery mode
    3, wipe cache
    4, wipe data/ factory reset

sometimes you have to do this a few times !!!

My tablet dos the same , fails on all single line firmware I try, idk why, in fact the only firmwar that works is the china 4 file that seems to be everywhere and has no playstore