Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Odin firmware load failed - There is no PIT partition

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Odin firmware load failed - There is no PIT partition

Re-installation of firmware using Odin failed. Reason for doing re-installation was hung phone and E:drive errors on factory reset. Details follow...

My Galaxy Note 2 GT-N7105T spontaneously rebooted and then hung at the Samsung Logo. I rebooted several times but it always hangs at the Samsung Logo. I have never rooted or otherwise changed this phone from the way I originally bought it. Only issue has been front glass replacement after drop almost 4 months ago.

To resolve the hang I decided to do a factory reset (up+home+power), but was confronted with lots of red error messages about the e:drive. Tried to clear cache but lots more red e:drive errors. Unfortunately I didn't note any of the errors.

So I then decided to reinstall the firmware from you firmware page [ Login above or register to see download links. ]. The firmware file I used is
    N7105TDVUEMK2_N7105TXSAEMK3_XSA.zip and Odin3_v3.09.zip.

I followed the install instructions on the firmware page, made sure the re-partition check box was NOT ticked and hit the start button. However the process failed. Here’s what Odin says:

<ID:0/005> Added!!
    <OSM> Enter CS for MD5..
    <OSM> Check MD5.. Do not unplug the cable..
    <OSM> Please wait..
    <OSM> N7105TDVUEMK2_N7105TXSAEMK3_N7105TDVUEMK3_HOME.tar .md5 is valid.
    <OSM> Checking MD5 finished Sucessfully..
    <OSM> Leave CS..
    <ID:0/005> Odin v.3 engine (ID:5)..
    <ID:0/005> File analysis..
    <ID:0/005> SetupConnection..
    <ID:0/005> Initialzation..
    <ID:0/005> Get PIT for mapping..
    <ID:0/005>
    <ID:0/005> There is no PIT partition.
    <OSM> All threads completed. (succeed 0 / failed 1)

Booting phone with Home +Power +Volume shows:
    ODIN MODE
    PRODUCT NAME: GT-N7105
    CUSTOM BINARY DOWNLOAD: No
    CURRENT BINARY: Samsung Official
    SYSTEM STATUS: Official
    KNOX WARRANTY VOID: 0
    RP SWREV: A2

I don’t want to fiddle with stuff I don’t understand. I have not been down this path before and have never rooted a phone.
    Any tips on what I should try next that will not make things worse?

Thanks, Greg.

(I've used two different original Samsung USB cables on two different USB ports, not USB hub. Samsung Keis is not running.)
    Last edited by ghi07; 14-11-2014 at 10:10.

hello
    you can take a look here: [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    best regards

Thanks yakapa40. I'm new to all this. When I look at that link for the Pit file I see a different version of Odin and a different md5 file.

Big question: can I use that Pit file with the Odin and firmware that I'm already using? That is, the one recommended on sammobile.com for an N7105?
    (N7105TDVUEMK2_N7105TXSAEMK3_XSA.zip and Odin3_v3.09.zip.)

Thanks, Greg.

Quote Originally Posted by ghi07 [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    Thanks yakapa40. I'm new to all this. When I look at that link for the Pit file I see a different version of Odin and a different md5 file.

Big question: can I use that Pit file with the Odin and firmware that I'm already using? That is, the one recommended on sammobile.com for an N7105?
    (N7105TDVUEMK2_N7105TXSAEMK3_XSA.zip and Odin3_v3.09.zip.)

Thanks, Greg.
    I would not use a PIT file yet !!!
    Re- boot your computer, start Kies plug in your device.
    Does Kies recognise your phone ?
    If so just transfer some data to and fro
    Then do a back up with Kies

If above went ok, close kies, start Odin, does Odin see your phone now ?
    if so shut down phone.

Now follow the instructions where you downloaded the firmware.

If Kies not ok get Kies to work before going any further !!!! I know your not using it but it needs to work!!!

Thanks samsungfozzy for taking the time to help with this problem.

Just recapping the current state of my Galaxy Note 2 GT-N7105T:
    1. Normal boot with power button: white screen only

2. Vol-up+home+power: white screen only.

3. Vol-dn+home+power: ODIN MODE
    PRODUCT NAME: GT-N7105
    CUSTOM BINARY DOWNLOAD: No
    CURRENT BINARY: Samsung Official
    SYSTEM STATUS: Custom
    KNOX WARRANTY VOID: 0
    RP SWREV:

Moving on to your recommendation...
    I have the latest versions of Kies 2.6 installed on one Windows computer and Kies version 3 on a second Windows computer.

I first tested with my wife's Note 2 GT-N7100 and the results were:
    Kies 2.6: connected device is not supported.
    Kies 3: device connected normally.

I then tried with my own Note 2, and these results were:
    Kies 2.6: connected device is not supported
    Kies 3: connected device is not supported

Cheers, Greg.

Quote Originally Posted by samsungfozzy [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    I would not use a PIT file yet !!!
    Re- boot your computer, start Kies plug in your device.
    Does Kies recognise your phone ?
    If so just transfer some data to and fro
    Then do a back up with Kies

If above went ok, close kies, start Odin, does Odin see your phone now ?
    if so shut down phone.

Now follow the instructions where you downloaded the firmware.

If Kies not ok get Kies to work before going any further !!!! I know your not using it but it needs to work!!!
    Hello samsunguozzy. Any more thoughts? Please see my reply to your post in this thread. Cheers, Greg.

Quote Originally Posted by ghi07 [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    Hello samsunguozzy. Any more thoughts? Please see my reply to your post in this thread. Cheers, Greg.
    Sorry I had not seen #5
    Its good that at least Kies is communicating with your wife's phone.
    Did you manage to transfer data to and fro from your wife's phone? you need to do this, so we can establish communication of a device and P.C software thanks.
    If all went ok then we need to close Kies but keep the cable plugged in to P.C and remove the device.

But before we go any further I have noticed;
    That something else has happened between post#1 and #5
    What have you done since #1?

I have also seen an abnormality in #1
    You have Identified your device as a GT-N7105T and downloaded the firmware for it as in your quote;

So I then decided to reinstall the firmware from you firmware page [ Login above or register to see download links. ]. The firmware file I used is
    N7105TDVUEMK2_N7105TXSAEMK3_XSA.zip and Odin3_v3.09.zip.
    Odin says your device is a GT-N7105

Unfortunately your phone is not working for us to find out more accurately what it is.
    So can you take the battery out and photo the info that's under it and post back.
    Last edited by samsungfozzy; 19-11-2014 at 12:52.

Help me. Pit fail gt-n7100

I did tried to ROOT my Samsung Galaxy Note II GT-N7100 today. Necessary files of odin and other img.tar file too. Later I shut my mobile down and restarted it using VOLUME DOWN + HOME + POWER and pressed VOLUME UP button and screen appreadred showing ANDROID PIC (GREEN) with white letters stating Downloading... and green letters Do not turn off target !!

It went on for about 5 minutes but there is nothing like completed or done. So, I removed my cable and restarted my mobile. This made me a biggest shock ever seeing a message that "FIRMWARE UPGRADE ENCOUNTERED AN ISSUE . PLEASE SELECT RECOVERY MODE IN KIES & TRY AGAIN".

So, I opened my kies and re-connected my mobile using samsung cable and was again shocked to see "The connected device is not supported by kies 3. Check device drivers are supported and try again. (If an error encountered while upgrading the firmware, use the firmware emergency recovery mode and try again.).

Now, that I even opened that kies > tools > emergency firmware upgrade. But was not able to see my device name displayed in that box.

Now please help me guys. I left with no clue of what even happened to my mobile or what the fuck i did to my mobile. Really need tech guys to guide me. Please reply soon. Contact me at [ Login above or register to see download links. ].

I will check the serial later.

1, All the time Odin failed nothing would have changed on your phone !!!
    2, Rebooting your phone, wiping your phone from the recovery modes would not have changed your firmware from Official to Custom that's for sure !!!
    3, Now if you have a custom rom on your sd card and attempted to install it from there then maybe that very possibly may have changed it, but unlikely because your phone is not rooted, but then again I do not know what that rom may have been.

4, Is this recoverable ??? maybe just maybe last resort is to take/send to Official Samsung repair.
    5, As you can take it in to download mode we can try.

You have established Kies works so make sure the phone is charged, and turned off.
    Put the USB cable in the port that you used with your wife's phone.
    Now go to Odin .exe right click and run as administrator and you will have a screen like this;

[ Login above or register to see download links. ]

Now put your phone in to download mode without the USB connected.
    As soon as you are in download mode plug the USB cable in.
    You should now have a screen like this;

[ Login above or register to see download links. ]

Now if you have not got that screen where circled then you have a communication error at the phone end, possibly USB port.
    If you have that screen then click the AP box and navigate to that file you downloaded and unpacked.
    Wait a few minutes (depends on the computer) until it has loaded the firmware in to Odin.
    When it has loaded the Start button will be available so press start.
    Again this can take some time but you will see progress bars, just be patient.
    The phone will reboot and the Samsung screen will come up with blue circle spinning round this can take some time so be patient and do not unplug your device.
    Eventually you will have the setup screen.

If you not get as far as that you need to go to Samsung repair for jtag Installation.
    Last edited by samsungfozzy; 20-11-2014 at 22:02.