Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Odin firmware load failed - There is no PIT partition

Thanks samsungfozzy. Serial number is RF1D2662NLB.

Re the anomalies, I was very cautious not to attempt anything I didn't understand. However I have done these two things between #1 and #5 :

1. repeated the Odin firmware load documented in #1. I did that more than once, but can't recall how many times. They all failed.

2. attempted to reboot the phone several times, with normal boots and the two variations of the three-finger reboot.

It is conceivable that I did something else, and if the evidence supports that then sadly I can't recall what it might have been.

Is this recoverable? Cheers, Greg.

I will check the serial later.

1, All the time Odin failed nothing would have changed on your phone !!!
    2, Rebooting your phone, wiping your phone from the recovery modes would not have changed your firmware from Official to Custom that's for sure !!!
    3, Now if you have a custom rom on your sd card and attempted to install it from there then maybe that very possibly may have changed it, but unlikely because your phone is not rooted, but then again I do not know what that rom may have been.

4, Is this recoverable ??? maybe just maybe last resort is to take/send to Official Samsung repair.
    5, As you can take it in to download mode we can try.

You have established Kies works so make sure the phone is charged, and turned off.
    Put the USB cable in the port that you used with your wife's phone.
    Now go to Odin .exe right click and run as administrator and you will have a screen like this;

[ Login above or register to see download links. ]

Now put your phone in to download mode without the USB connected.
    As soon as you are in download mode plug the USB cable in.
    You should now have a screen like this;

Now if you have not got that screen where circled then you have a communication error at the phone end, possibly USB port.
    If you have that screen then click the AP box and navigate to that file you downloaded and unpacked.
    Wait a few minutes (depends on the computer) until it has loaded the firmware in to Odin.
    When it has loaded the Start button will be available so press start.
    Again this can take some time but you will see progress bars, just be patient.
    The phone will reboot and the Samsung screen will come up with blue circle spinning round this can take some time so be patient and do not unplug your device.
    Eventually you will have the setup screen.

If you not get as far as that you need to go to Samsung repair for jtag Installation.
    Last edited by samsungfozzy; 20-11-2014 at 22:02.

Thanks for all your help, samsungfozzy, but unfortunately it has not worked. You've been amazingly patient with me. I think it's time for me to take the phone to Samsung. Screenshot attached of firmware load failure. Here is a copy and past of the Odin messages:

<ID:0/003> Added!!
    <OSM> Enter CS for MD5..
    <OSM> Check MD5.. Do not unplug the cable..
    <OSM> Please wait..
    <OSM> N7105TDVUEMK2_N7105TXSAEMK3_N7105TDVUEMK3_HOME.tar .md5 is valid.
    <OSM> Checking MD5 finished Sucessfully..
    <OSM> Leave CS..
    <ID:0/003> Odin v.3 engine (ID:3)..
    <ID:0/003> File analysis..
    <ID:0/003> SetupConnection..
    <ID:0/003> Initialzation..
    <ID:0/003> Get PIT for mapping..
    <ID:0/003>
    <ID:0/003> There is no PIT partition.
    <OSM> All threads completed. (succeed 0 / failed 1)
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Untitled.jpg  

Quote Originally Posted by ghi07 [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    Thanks for all your help, samsungfozzy, but unfortunately it has not worked. You've been amazingly patient with me. I think it's time for me to take the phone to Samsung. Screenshot attached of firmware load failure. Here is a copy and past of the Odin messages:

<ID:0/003> Added!!
    <OSM> Enter CS for MD5..
    <OSM> Check MD5.. Do not unplug the cable..
    <OSM> Please wait..
    <OSM> N7105TDVUEMK2_N7105TXSAEMK3_N7105TDVUEMK3_HOME.tar .md5 is valid.
    <OSM> Checking MD5 finished Sucessfully..
    <OSM> Leave CS..
    <ID:0/003> Odin v.3 engine (ID:3)..
    <ID:0/003> File analysis..
    <ID:0/003> SetupConnection..
    <ID:0/003> Initialzation..
    <ID:0/003> Get PIT for mapping..
    <ID:0/003>
    <ID:0/003> There is no PIT partition.
    <OSM> All threads completed. (succeed 0 / failed 1)
    Well well well what can I say ???
    In the words of Victor Meldrew....
    I don't believe it !!!!!

It's no wonder there are so many faulty machines out there when people do not follow instructions.

When you downloaded the firmware and where you can download Odin, someone took the trouble to compile some instructions on how to install the firmware.

As you will see on this download page under the heading Instructions look at line 7 !!!!!! it says ?????? what did you do ??????
    you added it to the BOOTLOADER
    It is no wonder Odin failed it was "operator error"
    I also took the trouble to remind you to tick the AP box and navigate to the file. (post#12 8 lines up) Look at the screenshot and see the firmware loaded and ready to Start flashing !!!!

Please if you want help at least have the decency to follow the guides that are given to you.

So go back and try again, if it does not work its not a surprise is it ? but providing you have not damaged the bootloader you should be ok. But there again what else have you done.
    Last edited by samsungfozzy; 21-11-2014 at 15:03.

Hello samsungfozzy.

Are you familiar with the phrase “eating humble pie”?

That’s what I’m eating right now. I can empathise with the frustration you so clearly feel with people who can’t follow instructions. The reason I can empathise is that I've been a software developer on mainframes and Windows for 44 years, and in that time I've been unable to understand why people won’t read the documentation or who fail to follow instructions. I've been less than patient with people who didn't do it right, and now the shoe is on the other foot, as they say.

Right now I feel remorseful, chastened and disappointed with myself, not just for stuffing up with your instructions, but for not being as patient as perhaps I should have been with my users in the past.

All I can offer in defence is that perhaps age is catching up with me.

I've repeated your instructions (correctly this time) but to no avail. I did check the screenshot I took on my first attempt, and can confirm I didn't make the same mistake then. What I did on the last attempt is so obviously wrong I still can’t believe I did it.

Goodbye and thanks again.

Your welcome, and sorry you have not been able to get it working.

Patience is a virture familiararity is a bonus in fault finding, it's so difficult to see whats going on looking down a wire the otherside of the world without that picture I would not have seen it.

Well I have been a tech for many O.E.M for nearly as long as you have been a software engineer, and everyone makes mistakes no matter how good they are, the more experienced you are the less mistakes you make thats the biggest difference for all of us what ever line of work your in. From making a mistake the point then is to learn from them, some learn from cost, some learn from embarressment, some not at all.

The Samsung engineer should be able to recover the phone for you via jtag, just take it to a "Samsung Repair Centre" not a side street "jack of all"
    Worst comes to the worst they will have to change the mainboard.
    Downside is that when they see it has been customised they will probably say it is not covered by warranty. No surprise there.
    Upside is your serial # matches in the database to a GT-N7105T

Samsungfozzy, ghi07,
    I'm following this post with the utmost of interest, as I have experienced the exact (to the "t") same problem as ghi07. My 2012 Samsung Galaxy Note II (LTE) (SC-02E Docomo version, with Docomo bloatware) has never been rooted or modified, except I paid to have it SP Unlocked by DOCOMO just before I went home to the US for Christmas. The phone has always worked quite well, with seldom a restart required, and it almost always behaved itself. Upon my return to Japan, while still in the plane, I used the browser to check on our luggage, and I started to see how bad traffic would be on the way home, but I needed to deplane, and tried to shut off the screen and put the phone away. The screen lock would not work, so I attempted to shut the phone down - but it would not. Finally, I took out the battery. When I restarted the phone, it wouldn't boot past the first "DOCOMO" screen (it should have said "Samsung" next - never got that far. Over and over it did this... and after a while, the white screen discussed previously set in.... and there was no more "docomo". Only white/color screen. I figured out the buttons for Odin download - and found that it would go into the Odin download screen.
    So far, so good... now to find a new ROM and flash it. Well, the same exact process was experienced by me, only I didn't make the mistake made earlier - I always put the Sammobile SC02e image in the right place, and the process kept failing on PIT.... can't find the PIT. I changed cables, computers, Odin versions, the works - nothing worked. Same thing, always. I even tried a PIT file - the Odin installer finds it, tries to install it, and fails.
    Ok, the phone is junk and needs to go to Samsung for a repair/replacement. The problem I have is this: What is causing this to occur? a software glitch? I think not. A hardware failure? More likely, but what and why? I'm now very reluctant to put any faith into a Samsung phone, but I can't rule out the possibility that Docomo did this to me, either by something they tried to install, or some of the crap bloatware that my phone is full of.
    The worst part is that several weeks ago, I turned off the google cloud backup system, which means that when I get a replacement, a lot of data and a lot of programs will be missing. Docomo says that if I turn in the phone for repair, it will be wiped, meaning that if there ever was a chance of getting the data out fo the phone, it will be forever destroyed.
    I'm really struggling here. I don't know if I want to invest this much time and energy into a phone that inexplicably dies and is impossible to re-flash or root - I don't know of anyone who has successfully rooted an SC-02E. Is there a Samsung Galaxy Note II or III that will work in Japan, that is a vanilla version of Android, without all the Docomo crap, that I can use here with my Docomo SIM card? Or should I just have Docomo fix the phone (it's under warranty) and buy another Galaxy Note LTE phone that is pure android and transfer all my stuff to it? I don't know if the "international" versions of Galaxy Note will work in Japan. Thoughts?

PIT partition of galaxy note 2 ,help me

Quote Originally Posted by zainkhal [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    PIT partition of galaxy note 2 ,help me
    This link may help you for n7100.

how can i fix this without pc?

how can i do this on a pc when it doesn't even recognize the stupid phone.
    Odin: flash read failure
    Error: There is no pit binary