Thread: NO M$ bloatware firmware option?

Question NO M$ bloatware firmware option?

The UK Samsung website suggest the presence of the Microsoft Office bloatware apps is region specific.

"* Availability of MS Office programs is subject to regional variation"

Is there a version of the firmware which comes without this unwanted M$ stuff clogging up the storage?

If I wanted these apps, I would downloaded them. I don't. Blocking the apps removes them from the device helps hide them but they are still there taking up precious storage space.

Have you gone to Settings > Applications > All and found the MS app and uninstall?

If you cannot remove that way, then you will have to root and remove with something like Titanium backup.

Not interested in rooting the tablet, however if a version of the ROM exists without the bloatware, that would suit me nicely.

Quote Originally Posted by siralien [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    Not interested in rooting the tablet, however if a version of the ROM exists without the bloatware, that would suit me nicely.
    Not possible I am afraid.

Samsung firmware comes with manufacturer and Google widgets installed.
    The only way to remove them is by rooting.

Unless, as Samsung's site page suggests, the M$ apps are regionally pre-loaded and another version of the ROM exists without them.

Quote Originally Posted by siralien [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    Unless, as Samsung's site page suggests, the M$ apps are regionally pre-loaded and another version of the ROM exists without them.
    Regionally pre-loaded does not mean that there are no Google/samsung apps pre-installed.
    The apps installed will be appropriate for the region.

Not looking for a ROM without Google or Samsung apps.
    I would like the regional version of the firmware which doesn't have Microsoft's bloatware.

Not looking for a ROM without Google or Samsung apps.
    I would like the regional version of the firmware which doesn't have Microsoft's bloatware.
    Same problem as the MS Office comes pre-installed.
    If you cannot go to Settings > Applications > All and find MS Office.
    Try uninstall.

If that does not work, you will have to root to remove.

There are no firmwares without the MS Office as far as I can find.