Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: NO M$ bloatware firmware option?

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Posts
    4

    Question NO M$ bloatware firmware option?

    The UK Samsung website suggest the presence of the Microsoft Office bloatware apps is region specific.

    "* Availability of MS Office programs is subject to regional variation"

    Is there a version of the firmware which comes without this unwanted M$ stuff clogging up the storage?

    If I wanted these apps, I would downloaded them. I don't. Blocking the apps removes them from the device helps hide them but they are still there taking up precious storage space.

  2. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    41,803
    Have you gone to Settings > Applications > All and found the MS app and uninstall?

    If you cannot remove that way, then you will have to root and remove with something like Titanium backup.

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Posts
    4
    Not interested in rooting the tablet, however if a version of the ROM exists without the bloatware, that would suit me nicely.

  4. #4
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    41,803
    Quote Originally Posted by siralien [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    Not interested in rooting the tablet, however if a version of the ROM exists without the bloatware, that would suit me nicely.
    Not possible I am afraid.

    Samsung firmware comes with manufacturer and Google widgets installed.
    The only way to remove them is by rooting.

  5. #5
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Posts
    4
    Unless, as Samsung's site page suggests, the M$ apps are regionally pre-loaded and another version of the ROM exists without them.

  6. #6
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    41,803
    Quote Originally Posted by siralien [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    Unless, as Samsung's site page suggests, the M$ apps are regionally pre-loaded and another version of the ROM exists without them.
    Regionally pre-loaded does not mean that there are no Google/samsung apps pre-installed.
    The apps installed will be appropriate for the region.

  7. #7
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Posts
    4
    Not looking for a ROM without Google or Samsung apps.
    I would like the regional version of the firmware which doesn't have Microsoft's bloatware.

  8. #8
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    41,803
    Quote Originally Posted by siralien [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    Not looking for a ROM without Google or Samsung apps.
    I would like the regional version of the firmware which doesn't have Microsoft's bloatware.
    Same problem as the MS Office comes pre-installed.
    If you cannot go to Settings > Applications > All and find MS Office.
    Try uninstall.

    If that does not work, you will have to root to remove.

    There are no firmwares without the MS Office as far as I can find.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •