Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 22

Thread: I need sm-t217a 4.4.2

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    6

    I need sm-t217a 4.4.2

    I NEED SOFT TAP 3 SM-T217A AT&T


    Is there a specific date to be found on the website I needed him most, and I find it difficult to find him

  2. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    41,809
    Firmware here :
    [ Login above or register to see download links. ]

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    6
    Thank you for your response


    but I want to Version 4.4.2

  4. #4
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    41,809
    Quote Originally Posted by abasy [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    Thank you for your response


    but I want to Version 4.4.2
    Unfortunately, that is OTA only at the moment.

  5. #5
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    6
    Well how much time it will take to make it available for download

  6. #6
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    6
    Is there a way to download the older version where the update that caused the problem is no longer the device works and I want to download now located on the device

  7. #7
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    41,809
    Quote Originally Posted by abasy [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    Is there a way to download the older version where the update that caused the problem is no longer the device works and I want to download now located on the device
    If you connect to Kies, and use Tools > Firmware Upgrade and initialization, Kies may install the latest firmware.

    Kies is not always co-operative and may not initialize.

    If Kies does not initialize then use Odin to reinstall the latest firmware.

  8. #8
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by greenman [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    If you connect to Kies, and use Tools > Firmware Upgrade and initialization, Kies may install the latest firmware.

    Kies is not always co-operative and may not initialize.

    If Kies does not initialize then use Odin to reinstall the latest firmware.
    I see this may be in the wrong section, but I have the same issue as the op. (SM-T217A)

    I tried all of the above already (keis and odin) with the 4.2.2 firmware from that failed screen, and from download mode.
    Failed each time. I assume enough of 4.4.2 was installed and from what I've read, once you upgrade to 4.4.2 with knox/ locked bootloader you can't go back to the old 4.2.2 firmware.

    In the end I had to just take the back off and pull the battery because when I powered down it would load itself back to the failed firmware upgrade screen.

    My question is will the locked bootloader/ knox even let me re-flash the 4.4.2 if/when we get access to the firmware?
    Last edited by rmntruexjr; 02-11-2014 at 19:54.

  9. #9
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    7
    Quote Originally Posted by rmntruexjr [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    I see this may be in the wrong section, but I have the same issue as the op. (SM-T217A)

    I tried all of the above already (keis and odin) with the 4.2.2 firmware from that failed screen, and from download mode.
    Failed each time. I assume enough of 4.4.2 was installed and from what I've read, once you upgrade to 4.4.2 with knox/ locked bootloader you can't go back to the old 4.2.2 firmware.

    In the end I had to just take the back off and pull the battery because when I powered down it would load itself back to the failed firmware upgrade screen.

    My question is will the locked bootloader/ knox even let me re-flash the 4.4.2 if/when we get access to the firmware?
    Did you solve your problem , i have same problem , and i can't find new 4.4.2 firmware T217AUCUCNG2

  10. #10
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    3
    Looks like the 4.4.2 has different partition sizes or something. Update to 4.4.2 caused all sorts of conflicts with my every-day uses, and made my rooted apps useless. Tried to downgrade to 4.2.2 through an ODIN flash and system.ext4 fails at 95-99% every time. I can't find a partition table (PIT) for the 4.2.2 to confirm my suspicions. Talked to 2 AT&T providers, and 2 Best Buy (Geek Squad). Neither can do anything about it. Looks like the only option is to send it in to Samsung later this week to restore it to 4.4.2 (they mentioned they might not be able to restore 4.2.2, but would put it in the repair notes in case they can).

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •