Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 4.2.2 error - keyboard gone completely

Tried again. Restarted Odin, rechecked AP, this time got "All Threads Completed. (Succeed 0 / Failed 1).
    Antivirus is off for 4 hours, Firewall off for the same. Malwarebytes removed from PC before I began. Tablet is connected with USB, and shows the robot with "Downloading.... Do not turn off target!!

Quote Originally Posted by hogesinwa [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    Tried again. Restarted Odin, rechecked AP, this time got "All Threads Completed. (Succeed 0 / Failed 1).
    Antivirus is off for 4 hours, Firewall off for the same. Malwarebytes removed from PC before I began. Tablet is connected with USB, and shows the robot with "Downloading.... Do not turn off target!!
    Your Tab is in Download Mode, but the firmware has not changed. You can unplug from PC.

Can you post the ODIN log so that we can see where it failed.

I can't see anywhere to dump a log of the procedure. If you mean in the Message box, there are only 4 lines. I am unable to Copy these 4 lines, even though I can highlight them. If I Copy the whole page and Paste it into Word, I am unable to then Copy/Paste the page in here.
    The 4 lines read
    <ID:0/004> Added!!
    <ID:0/004> Odin v.3 engine (ID:4)..
    <ID:0/004> File Analysis..
    <OSM> All threads completed. (succeed 0 / failed 1)

At the top, under ID:COM, the next line is highlighted in blue and reads 0:[COM4]

BTW, in one of the sets of instructions I have seen, there is mention of downloading drivers from KIES before hitting Start. I looked at KIES and can see no mention of any drivers in any heading. Can you tell me what this refers to? Is it useful or irrelevant?
    regards
    Terry

PASS!
    Hold everything. I tried ONE MORE TIME (which is illogical, really, because now that it's worked I'm obviously not going to try again)

Restored. Keyboard now working. Will begin work on restoring apps later as we are leaving Santa Maria de Leuca for Sicily in an hour or so after we've got some more diesel in and packed up. Should arrive in our winter marina in 3 days, where we will have wifi again and not expensive 3g

Thanks for all your help on this. Would not have been able to do it without you.
    Terry

Good news and have a good vacation.

Just to round things up, when you first connect to Kies, for your PC to recognise the USB connection, USB drivers will be installed.
    This takes a few minutes and Windows will give confirmation when the drivers are installed correctly.

From your Odin log, the drivers haven't been correctly installed or there was an error with the connection, and therefore the firmware file in AP could not be read.

When you repeated the install, the correct connections were made and the install worked.

Could be:
    1. Not using an original quality USB lead.
    2. Connecting through a USB hub and not directly to PC usb port.
    3. Trying another USB port often helps.