Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Flashing firmware with odin = fail

Flashing firmware with odin = fail

Guys I need your help. I was trying to root my Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini (GT-I9195) and odin failed, i unplugged the cellphone and try to power up my mobile phone and I got this message: "Firmware upgrade encountered an issue. Please select recovery mode in Kies & try again"

Well I searched on the net and found out I could flash with odin the firmware of my cellphone to fix the brick and so I did. Downloaded the firmware for my S4 mini (Chile - downloaded the 3 versions of it) and try to flash the three of them but odin always fails.

Here is the log.

I really hope you can help me with these. I am begging my data is not lost, I have lots of useful things... Im hoping i wont lose that.

<ID:0/003> Added!!
    <OSM> Enter CS for MD5..
    <OSM> Check MD5.. Do not unplug the cable..
    <OSM> Please wait..
    <OSM> I9195UBUBNA2_I9195CHOBMK1_I9195UBUBNA2_HOME.tar.md 5 is valid.
    <OSM> Checking MD5 finished Sucessfully..
    <OSM> Leave CS..
    <ID:0/003> Odin v.3 engine (ID:3)..
    <ID:0/003> File analysis..
    <ID:0/003> SetupConnection..
    <ID:0/003> Initialzation..
    <ID:0/003> Get PIT for mapping..
    <ID:0/003> Firmware update start..
    <ID:0/003> SingleDownload.
    <ID:0/003> sbl1.mbn
    <ID:0/003> NAND Write Start!!
    <ID:0/003> sbl2.mbn
    <ID:0/003> sbl3.mbn
    <ID:0/003> aboot.mbn
    <ID:0/003> FAIL! (Auth)
    <ID:0/003>
    <ID:0/003> Complete(Write) operation failed.
    <OSM> All threads completed. (succeed 0 / failed 1)

Quote Originally Posted by caraneday [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    Guys I need your help. I was trying to root my Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini (GT-I9195) and odin failed, i unplugged the cellphone and try to power up my mobile phone and I got this message: "Firmware upgrade encountered an issue. Please select recovery mode in Kies & try again"

Well I searched on the net and found out I could flash with odin the firmware of my cellphone to fix the brick and so I did. Downloaded the firmware for my S4 mini (Chile - downloaded the 3 versions of it) and try to flash the three of them but odin always fails.

Here is the log.

I really hope you can help me with these. I am begging my data is not lost, I have lots of useful things... Im hoping i wont lose that.

<ID:0/003> Added!!
    <OSM> Enter CS for MD5..
    <OSM> Check MD5.. Do not unplug the cable..
    <OSM> Please wait..
    <OSM> I9195UBUBNA2_I9195CHOBMK1_I9195UBUBNA2_HOME.tar.md 5 is valid.
    <OSM> Checking MD5 finished Sucessfully..
    <OSM> Leave CS..
    <ID:0/003> Odin v.3 engine (ID:3)..
    <ID:0/003> File analysis..
    <ID:0/003> SetupConnection..
    <ID:0/003> Initialzation..
    <ID:0/003> Get PIT for mapping..
    <ID:0/003> Firmware update start..
    <ID:0/003> SingleDownload.
    <ID:0/003> sbl1.mbn
    <ID:0/003> NAND Write Start!!
    <ID:0/003> sbl2.mbn
    <ID:0/003> sbl3.mbn
    <ID:0/003> aboot.mbn
    <ID:0/003> FAIL! (Auth)
    <ID:0/003>
    <ID:0/003> Complete(Write) operation failed.
    <OSM> All threads completed. (succeed 0 / failed 1)

wipe data and wipe cache...after that unplug the cable and turn it off..unplug the battery and wait 10 second.and then put the battery and press voldown menu and power for download mode.run odin in right click administrator...so try again for flashing

Quote Originally Posted by knnsmt [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    wipe data and wipe cache...after that unplug the cable and turn it off..unplug the battery and wait 10 second.and then put the battery and press voldown menu and power for download mode.run odin in right click administrator...so try again for flashing
    I cannot do that, I am not able to get into recovery mode (volume up + home button + power).

EDIT1:
    Problem solved, I flashed the 4.4.2 of my carrier/country and it gave me an error on system.ext4 so I googled it and found out that many mac users had that problem because of using VMWare Fusion (same program I use to run windows) so I try different options and worked out for me running windows on Parallels.

The problem I have now is that my cellphone is stuck on the SAMSUNG blue-blinking logo.

Any help now? I do not want to lose my data, that is why I refuse to to the factory reset
    Last edited by caraneday; 12-10-2014 at 19:16.

install clockwork recovery..and then get into recovery menu.so in the list advanced settings and format data--format system-...try using odin and installing rom again..but your datas will be lost

Quote Originally Posted by knnsmt [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    install clockwork recovery..and then get into recovery menu.so in the list advanced settings and format data--format system-...try using odin and installing rom again..but your datas will be lost
    Is there any way to back up the data before doing that?

Quote Originally Posted by caraneday [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    Is there any way to back up the data before doing that?
    You can backup data with the Helium app from the Play Store.
    [ Login above or register to see download links. ]

I could have done that but I had to have the Helium app on my mobile phone and it was unaccesible.
    Never mind, I did the hard-reset and lost my data.

My advise:
    - If you are a MAC user, do not use VMWare Fusion to run ODIN; use Parallels or a Windows PC instead.
    - Before doing anything, backup your data

root your phone by odin before Flash

Quote Originally Posted by hitibiti [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    root your phone by odin before Flash
    Why?
    No need to root unless planning on using Mobile Odin.
    This would be a good idea for Mac users.

Quote Originally Posted by greenman [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    Why?
    No need to root unless planning on using Mobile Odin.
    This would be a good idea for Mac users.
    some time i filed to flash with odian , if i root it after that i don't have error during flash , so me be root is important like you you have one phone with FW [email protected] you flash it with Bell or Fideo ( different operator )