Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Galaxy Gear Firmware tutorial plz

Hang on.
    Your model is a Galaxy Gear C9FC from China.
    The Tizen update is for the V700.

I cannot find your model anywhere.
    Is it a genuine Samsung or a clone?

I dont know why on kies it says C9FC because when I go into my Samsung Gears Settings and gear info it says SM-V700 and it is a genuine samsung model.

Heres a picture of my Gear info in settings to confirm I have a SM-V700 model.

[ Login above or register to see download links. ]

Quote Originally Posted by LM101093 [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    I dont know why on kies it says C9FC because when I go into my Samsung Gears Settings and gear info it says SM-V700 and it is a genuine samsung model.
    Having checked out the firmware for China, there is no Tizen update.

See here:

The only way to get Tizen is to change to another country, but how easy it is to do that I am not sure, although this video tutorial may help:

I dont have a china model though thats what I dont understand, as far as I am aware its from Samsung Online.

How would I be able to flash it back to uk if it is an official china model.

I have been going through a few things and my Model number is in fact the SM-V700 and the Software version is infact this: V700XXUBNC1 would you be able to help me install a new software or something to get Tizen on this device all I need is a Valid .pit file and I can crack on with Heimdall on my mac os x. Many Thanks Lenny.

Quote Originally Posted by LM101093 [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    I dont have a china model though thats what I dont understand, as far as I am aware its from Samsung Online.

How would I be able to flash it back to uk if it is an official china model.
    You do have the China model, and the firmware is as given in link #14.
    I would imagine that a Tizen update is on the way.
    The alternative is to install another country firmware, but it may not be without problems, as we have found with Chinese phones.
    It may be safer to wait for an update.

There is very little developer work on the Gear, so you are going to have to create a PIT file yourself.
    Heimdall can do that - but I don't know how as not a Mac user.