Thread: Searching PIT File to Switch US Version to German Version

Searching PIT File to Switch US Version to German Version

Hello Guys,

does anyone has a Pit file from the German Version of the SM-T900 to change the US Version XAR into German Version DBT?

Regards

Juergen

The Android version on the Cellular South XAR and Germany DBT are the same (AN11) so there is no advantage in changing the firmware.
    Have you tried flashing the DBT firmware?

Quote Originally Posted by greenman View Post
    The Android version on the Cellular South XAR and Germany DBT are the same (AN11) so there is no advantage in changing the firmware.
    Have you tried flashing the DBT firmware?
    No i didnīt do that because i have read some other threats and there are write that the DBT doesnīt work when you flashing the dbt firmware. And the panel was black. So i ask before i do that. But when you look at the size of the file, there are different.

juergen

Quote Originally Posted by Juergenal View Post
    No i didnīt do that because i have read some other threats and there are write that the DBT doesnīt work when you flashing the dbt firmware. And the panel was black. So i ask before i do that. But when you look at the size of the file, there are different.

juergen
    Yes,
    the XAR firmware is 1.4 GB
    the DBT firmware is 1.3 GB

Difficult call, as you are right that a DBT PIT file would ensure a safe install.
    My take would be that the DBT would install on the XAR firmware (as the partition is larger) but the XAR would not install on the DBT without a resizing of the memory with a PIT file.

If it was my TAB, then I would make no changes if the tablet is working and has your preferred language onboard.

Many thanks for your help. I have tested with the DBT Version. Perfect, now i have the German language.

Best regards Juergen