Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: S7 Edge - update to different firmware without wiping

S7 Edge - update to different firmware without wiping

My S7 Edge currently has G935FXXU1APC8 firmware.
    I've used Smartswitch to look for an update but it doesn't detect any updated software.

Is G935FXXU1APD1 a later software version? And if so, can I install it without wiping my phone data completely? I've taken a backup using Smartswitch.
    The reason I want to update is that my screen is overly sensitive, resulting in unintended taps/application launches/selections etc, and I'm hoping that Samsung has done some soft of magic in later software to fix this fault.

Quote Originally Posted by setspeed View Post
    My S7 Edge currently has G935FXXU1APC8 firmware.
    I've used Smartswitch to look for an update but it doesn't detect any updated software.

Is G935FXXU1APD1 a later software version? And if so, can I install it without wiping my phone data completely? I've taken a backup using Smartswitch.
    The reason I want to update is that my screen is overly sensitive, resulting in unintended taps/application launches/selections etc, and I'm hoping that Samsung has done some soft of magic in later software to fix this fault.
    The G935FXXU1APD1 is a later PDA version, but it is the CSC code that determines whether it is for your phone.
    If SmartSwitch is not giving the update then it is not for your phone.

If you dial *#1234# this will give the firmware on your phone.

Better still is to install this app and look at the active CSC your phone is using:
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...honeinfo&hl=en

Premium Member
    deleted
    Last edited by henklbr; 01-05-2018 at 20:33.

Premium Member
    My message above is the "how-to" install new firmware WITHOUT WIPE; in the message below I'll explain how to make your own HOME_CSC

Premium Member
    deleted
    Last edited by henklbr; 01-05-2018 at 20:34.

HI - I am trying to build a HOME_CSC file for my Samsung S6 Active. When I extracted the firmware, it didn't come with HOME_CSC - it only has CSC and when I flashed all 4 files using Odin v3.13.1 - it wiped the phone and made it all factory default. Can you please help or guide me?

Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by deejas View Post
    HI - I am trying to build a HOME_CSC file for my Samsung S6 Active. When I extracted the firmware, it didn't come with HOME_CSC - it only has CSC and when I flashed all 4 files using Odin v3.13.1 - it wiped the phone and made it all factory default. Can you please help or guide me?
    That was only necessary with a very old Odin-version; with 3.13.1 not necessary anymore

Where did you download the FW?

I downloaded the firmware from https://firmwarefile.com/samsung-sm-g890a. And one other site, they only had 4 files not the HOME_CSC. I tried to flash it using only 3 files and not the CSC file and it still wiped the whole phone clean.

All I am trying to do is - I have bunch of Samsung S6 Active's (G890A) with version 5.11 - they are in the field used by our staff. I am trying to come up with a solution to upgrade them from 5.11 to 6.0.1 without having to wipe their phones so that the apps and customizations remain intact. What's the best approach for that?

Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by deejas View Post
    All I am trying to do is - I have bunch of Samsung S6 Active's (G890A) with version 5.11 - they are in the field used by our staff. I am trying to come up with a solution to upgrade them from 5.11 to 6.0.1 without having to wipe their phones so that the apps and customizations remain intact. What's the best approach for that?
    For NON-wipe, you must flash AP BL CP & HOME_CSC (it must be the SAME CSC-firmware as the current on your phone)