Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 34

Thread: Could not do normal boot (Odin Mode) error - Need Help

  1. #11
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    41,810
    Disappointing.You can install a custom Recovery (CWM)
    After which see if a wipe cache and wipe data/factory reset will clear away anything that is stopping the boot.

    [ Login above or register to see download links. ]

  2. #12
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    11
    Indeed very disappointing !!!!

    I've tried "n9005-cwm-recovery-6.0.4.7-kk(0125)" using Odin v3.09 and it gave me "FAIL" message while on phone

    screen it showed "SECURE CHECK FAIL [FMM] : cache"

    logs :

    <ID:0/027> Added!!
    <ID:0/027> Odin v.3 engine (ID:27)..
    <ID:0/027> File analysis..
    <ID:0/027> SetupConnection..
    <ID:0/027> Initialzation..
    <ID:0/027> Get PIT for mapping..
    <ID:0/027> Firmware update start..
    <ID:0/027> SingleDownload.
    <ID:0/027> cache.img.ext4
    <ID:0/027> NAND Write Start!!
    <ID:0/027> FAIL! (Auth)
    <ID:0/027>
    <ID:0/027> Complete(Write) operation failed.
    <OSM> All threads completed. (succeed 0 / failed 1)



    I then tried "hlte-cwm-recovery-6.0.5.0-kk(0806)" and it gave me "FAIL" as well and on phone the message was

    "SECURE CHECK FAIL : recovery"

    logs :

    <ID:0/027> Added!!
    <ID:0/027> Odin v.3 engine (ID:27)..
    <ID:0/027> File analysis..
    <ID:0/027> SetupConnection..
    <ID:0/027> Initialzation..
    <ID:0/027> Get PIT for mapping..
    <ID:0/027> Firmware update start..
    <ID:0/027> SingleDownload.
    <ID:0/027> recovery.img
    <ID:0/027> NAND Write Start!!
    <ID:0/027> FAIL! (Auth)
    <ID:0/027>
    <ID:0/027> Complete(Write) operation failed.
    <OSM> All threads completed. (succeed 0 / failed 1)

    What to do now?

  3. #13
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    41,810
    Just spotted that in Odin Mode you have Reactivation Lock: On.
    This is preventing reactivation after a reset.
    The reactivation lock is good for detering theft, but bad for you as it is blocking your firmware install.
    See here:
    [ Login above or register to see download links. ]

    I do not know a way round this, and so you may need to take to a service centre.

  4. #14
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    11
    Quote Originally Posted by greenman [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    Just spotted that in Odin Mode you have Reactivation Lock: On.
    This is preventing reactivation after a reset.
    The reactivation lock is good for detering theft, but bad for you as it is blocking your firmware install.
    See here:
    [ Login above or register to see download links. ]

    I do not know a way round this, and so you may need to take to a service centre.
    The same problem was there even when the Reactivation Lock was OFF (See OP image). I don't know how it turned ON or OFF but I have been trying everything and all possible solutions offered in various forums and threads and may be something turned it back ON.

  5. #15
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    41,810
    Quote Originally Posted by saqibshamim [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    The same problem was there even when the Reactivation Lock was OFF (See OP image). I don't know how it turned ON or OFF but I have been trying everything and all possible solutions offered in various forums and threads and may be something turned it back ON.
    So it was.
    Trouble is that now it is 'On' it is blocking any attempt to recover your phone.

    Think this is the end of the road for a self repair, and time to visit the service centre.

  6. #16
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    11
    Quote Originally Posted by greenman [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    So it was.
    Trouble is that now it is 'On' it is blocking any attempt to recover your phone.

    Think this is the end of the road for a self repair, and time to visit the service centre.
    Okay.... thank you very much for your help and guidance. Much appreciated.

  7. #17
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    11
    Ah... I just managed to turn the Reactivation Lock to OFF !!!!

    [ Login above or register to see download links. ]

    What I did is I flashed the latest UAE firmware "N9005XXUGNG1_N9005OJVGNH1_N9005XXUGNG1_HOME.tar.m d5" as I purchased my phone from Dubai-UAE and it gets completed with a PASS message on Odin v307 but phone still in the same state.

    logs :

    <ID:0/027> Added!!
    <OSM> Enter CS for MD5..
    <OSM> Check MD5.. Do not unplug the cable..
    <OSM> Please wait..
    <OSM> N9005XXUGNG1_N9005OJVGNH1_N9005XXUGNG1_HOME.tar.md 5 is valid.
    <OSM> Checking MD5 finished Sucessfully..
    <OSM> Leave CS..
    <ID:0/027> Odin v.3 engine (ID:27)..
    <ID:0/027> File analysis..
    <ID:0/027> SetupConnection..
    <ID:0/027> Initialzation..
    <ID:0/027> Get PIT for mapping..
    <ID:0/027> Firmware update start..
    <ID:0/027> aboot.mbn
    <ID:0/027> NAND Write Start!!
    <ID:0/027> sbl1.mbn
    <ID:0/027> rpm.mbn
    <ID:0/027> tz.mbn
    <ID:0/027> sdi.mbn
    <ID:0/027> NON-HLOS.bin
    <ID:0/027> boot.img
    <ID:0/027> recovery.img
    <ID:0/027> system.img.ext4
    <ID:0/027> modem.bin
    <ID:0/027> cache.img.ext4
    <ID:0/027> hidden.img.ext4
    <ID:0/027> RQT_CLOSE !!
    <ID:0/027> RES OK !!
    <ID:0/027> Removed!!
    <ID:0/027> Remain Port .... 0
    <OSM> All threads completed. (succeed 1 / failed 0)

    Now tell me if I could do something here since the Reactivation Lock is OFF now or you still recommend to contact Service Center?

  8. #18
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    41,810
    Well done.
    This is becoming a bit of a mystery and time for alternative actions.
    Can you try flashing (yet again) but this time in Odin deselect (untick) Auto reboot.

    It's a little change, but can allow the flash to complete before Odin reboots it.
    You will have to reboot yourself, but give it a few minutes after Odin PASS.

  9. #19
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    11
    Quote Originally Posted by greenman [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    Well done.
    This is becoming a bit of a mystery and time for alternative actions.
    Can you try flashing (yet again) but this time in Odin deselect (untick) Auto reboot.

    It's a little change, but can allow the flash to complete before Odin reboots it.
    You will have to reboot yourself, but give it a few minutes after Odin PASS.
    Surething....

    If I understand you correctly, you want me to flash the same firmware "N9005XXUGNG1_N9005OJVGNH1_N9005XXUGNG1_HOME.tar.m d5" that changed the Reactivation Lock to OFF but this time with the unchecked auto-reboot option in Odin and when it passes, manually turn on the phone (simply pressing the Power button).. right?

  10. #20
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    41,810
    Quote Originally Posted by saqibshamim [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    Surething....

    If I understand you correctly, you want me to flash the same firmware "N9005XXUGNG1_N9005OJVGNH1_N9005XXUGNG1_HOME.tar.m d5" that changed the Reactivation Lock to OFF but this time with the unchecked auto-reboot option in Odin and when it passes, manually turn on the phone (simply pressing the Power button).. right?
    Right.

    If that doesn't work, it may be time to give Mobile Odin a go.
    But you need to root your Note 3 first.
    [ Login above or register to see download links. ]

    Then go here for Mobile Odin
    [ Login above or register to see download links. ]

    Good luck.
    Sorry it's time for my bed.
    Will catch up tomorrow.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •