Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Need SM-T805 (NEE) Nordic PIT file

Need SM-T805 (NEE) Nordic PIT file

Hi there

Can someone help me with providing the PIT file for a SM-T805 (LTE version). And if there is a difference, then for the nordic ediction of the tablet.
    I have a PIT file for the SM-T800 but I don't know if it is the same as the T805.

Cheers
    Otherland

There is likely to be a difference because of the additional need for modem memory.
    But will have a look around and come back with something more definite.

Quote Originally Posted by greenman [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    There is likely to be a difference because of the additional need for modem memory.
    But will have a look around and come back with something more definite.
    Thanks any help is really appreciated a lot :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Otherland [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    Thanks any help is really appreciated a lot :-)
    Not having much luck I'm afraid.
    Found a link to CHAGALLLTE_EUR_OPEN.pit but link went to a paid download site and I have no confidence that it will give you what you want.

Here is the link, but I don't recommend it:
    http://www.samsung-file.com/index.php?dir=/Model_T/T805_(SM-T805)/T805_Android_4.4.2/T805XXU1ANF6_T805OJV1ANG1_T805XXU1ANFB

Can we go back a step and may I ask why you are looking for a PIT file, as it is usually considered a last resort?

The reason is that I had rooted my tablet, without any problem and installed a custom rom, and custom recovery.
    I then inserted a micro SD card and wanted to format it as ext4. I think I selected it correctly in TRWP, but after doing the format.. the tablet wouldn't boot
    It just writes 'Downloading.. Do not turn of target'
    I then launched Odin, and tried to flash a new recovery, but it said that PIT file (or partition) was missing... YIKES...
    I'm afraid that I somehow formatted the internal 'harddrive'/memory or something... it almost gives me cold sweat thinking about it.

So I was thinking if I could get a matching PIT file for a SM-T805 that I could recreate the partitions and then using Odin flash a stock rom or at least a custom recovery to boot, so I could install a custom again.

OK.
    I agree it does look like you formatted the internal memory.
    What to do? Take the risk and flash with the T800 PIT or wait for a T805 PIT file or take to service for a reflash (possibly not under warranty)
    Difficult decision and one I can't help you with I'm afraid.

I'm afraid that I only got those options left. I might deside to get hold of the T805 PIT file, and try to sue using Odin to do the partitions.
    I'm not sure if the PitMagic or Heimdall tool is a better option to use.
    I can also hope for the best to send it back in to the shop and just play dumb..and see if they will reflash it..and if not, ask them what it would cost to get them to do it...

Thanks a lot for your help, I really appreciate it

Hi Greenman

I desided to get hold of the PIT file you found. And I used it together with Odin and the firmware found at this site.
    And guess what.. I manages to partition the tablet, install the firmware. It seems to stop in the boot process thou'
    But I managed to install SU and customer recovery..so I'll try with a custom rom...again and see if I can get it up and run again.

Again thanks a lot for finding the PIT file. I'll update when I have more info or news (good or bad)...

Ok I seem to have some problems. I can install samsung firmware using Odin, and install SU and custom recovery which boots fine.
    I can also install various custom roms. But all roms (official and custom) doesn't go past the Samsing logo. And on the official rom, I get the boot sound but it stop midway and then the animation just continues for ever. For custom roms, I don't get any sound but here the Samsung boot animation just continue for ever.

I'm not sure if all the partition are correct. For instance, the data partition is empty after a clean install of official or custom rom. Is that normal ?

Is there a way for me to get hold of a boot log or something similar to see what's the problem is when it boots ?

Did you put the phone into Recovery Mode and wipe cache then Wipe data /factory reset after installing your firmware?
    This may clear the bootloop.
    If not, you may need the bootloader installed.