Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Need SM-T805 (NEE) Nordic PIT file

Yes I put the phone into Recovery Mode. I wipe cache before and after flashing the new custom rom. But I'm not sure I did the data/factory after installing.
    I'll try that when I'm home from work.

I thought the bootloader was part of the official samsung firmware (nordic version), which I installed first. And then later I installed the custom firmware.
    both the official firmware and custom firmware/rom wont go past the boot animation (the one with sound and colors flying around).
    Could it be that the offset for the bootloader or data partion isn't correct somehow ? I would just imagine that the bootloader is at the same location of all the versions/editions of the firmware. And the rest is just more about partition size then location... (order of the partitions are properly also important)

Something is not installing correctly.
    I would forget the custom firmware and reinstall a stock firmware with the PIT file again.
    Be prepared to install firmware once or even twice more if still getting stuck on the boot animation.
    Once you have stock firmware up and running, you can then go back to a custom rom.

OK.. I'll try that... again thanks for your help

I've tried several times now to install the NNE version of the samsung firmware... the same result.
    And when I go into Samsungs Recovery Mode.. and complains about this : E:failed to mount /efs (Invalid argument)
    I'm not sure if it looks like the EFS partition or something is missing

If I can get Kies to detect the tablet.. would it be ok to flash the firmware from there...or would it make it worse ?

The failure to mount efs gives a big clue and this link gives, a solution based upon the i9300.
    As the coding is Android rather than i9300 specific, I cannot see why it should not work for you (but can't guarantee it)
    This is proving to be a tricky one to resolve, but I can see the finishing line.

[ Login above or register to see download links. ]

Oh man.... I was to wuick I guess. I just returned it to a repair shop, hoping they could fix it. I'd rather do it myself.
    Anyways I can't thank you enough for all the help and feedback you've given me.

I now hope the repair shop doesn't screw it up more (I guess they have insurance for that tho').

Again thanks a lot for all the help and feedback.

Fingers crossed for you.

If you can, let us know what they did to get your phone working.

Hi Greenman

I've gotten my tablet bck. (Some time ago). The Repair shop couldn't fix the problem.
    So after I got it back, I manually created the efs partition, mountd it and restarted the tablet.
    And I got some new efs files..and dev IMEI number, and a new serial.

I've tried several things in order to change the IMEI and serial back to the original. but I haven't had any luck.
    I also have a colleage who has the same tablet (He bought after I got mine back from the repair shop).
    He created a EFS backup from his device, and I then I restored it on mine.. without a sim card in it.
    And then I tried to change the IMEI and serial, but still no luck.

So the status for now is that I have a tablet that runs fine, but no Mobile connected and thus no LTE, just Wifi.
    I haven't given up finding a solution for changing the IMEI number and serial yet. But at least it's up and running for normal tablet usage.

If you hear anything about changing the IMEI number on a Tab S, please let me know :-)
    Ive' tried several thing that should work on a different Galaxy phones, but no luck there either.
    I haven't tried it thou' with a sim card in it... I haven't dared to put it in... for now.

Cheers

Thanks for the update.
    In Turkey, the techs have become proficient in changing IMEI to avoid the user paying tax on imported devices.
    It is illegal in most countries (and Turkey too) to change the IMEI.
    So it is certainly possible, but of course we, at Sammobile, cannot condone it.
    Repairing your own IMEI is another matter, and should be within a mobile repair shop techs ability providing they have the appropriate equipment.
    An octopus box is one of many pieces of equipment that can repair an IMEI.

hi,
    I bought a Chinese T805c SM-LTE, but I want to change it anguage Spanish as I do, I tried downloading the firmware page of Peru SM-T805 is also the team with root access but still when I do the process with 3.09 Odin sends me FAIL error and I can not.
    has something or the KNOX Donwlading Security: Enable.

anyone who can help

regards,

Milton