Thread: I605 with Signal Problem. Doesn't answer call when asleep.

I605 with Signal Problem. Doesn't answer call when asleep.

Hi, everyone.
    I have a Verizon Note 2 (i605). It came with MJ9 with locked bootloader.

Whenever it goes to sleep for a while, the phone doesn't register an incoming phone call.
    It doesn't ring. It doesn't have any record of missing call.
    It only starts receiving phone call when I actually make a phone call with this phone first.
    And that initial phone call takes a while to start ringing.

It almost looks like the antennae is asleep and I have to wake it up, and even when it's awake, it's sluggish in the beginning.

I updated to ND7 to see if there's any change, and I still have the same problem.
    Be it with Tmobile, AT&T, or Verizon. All same problem.

I was wondering if there's anything that I can do to fix this.
    I'd appreciate any help.

Are you using any battery saving apps?
    There have been similar issues with the deep sleep battery saving app. It does the job too well and the phone doesn't respond to calls/text.
    If you have any battery saving app, I would suggest removing.

Quote Originally Posted by greenman [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    There have been similar issues with the deep sleep battery saving app. It does the job too well and the phone doesn't respond to calls/text.
    Hey, Thanks for the reply. I don't think it's an issue with the app since the same symptom happens even after factory reset without any app installed.

Quote Originally Posted by greenman [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    Hey, Thanks for the reply. I don't think it's an issue with the app since the same symptom happens even after factory reset without any app installed.

Quote Originally Posted by napreon [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    Are you sure you are not reinstalling the problem?
    To be sure it is not an app, start your phone on SAFE MODE as no apps will be active.
    SAFE MODE = turn off phone.
    Press and hold volume down + power button (together) SAFE MODE will appear on bottom left of screen.

It doesn't matter if it's safe mode or not. A complete reset, Odining ND7 firmware all over, nothing fixes this issue. No app should be on since it's completely factory setting. There definitely is a problem with the antennae since the signal icon and signal strength are definitely much weaker than the other note 2 I have. I only get 2-3 bars and less than -100 dBM while the other note 2 would have full bars and -80 dBM. If this didn't have locked bootloader, I would've tried installing other firmware or radio, but that's not a solution at this point.