Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Gear stuck on Downloading - Do not turn off target! How to restart

Gear stuck on Downloading - Do not turn off target! How to restart

Using Kies, my Gear device is stuck on stuck on Downloading - Do not turn off target!

Any ideas on how to restart it?

Pressing the power button for short or long press period just blanks and shows me same message again.

Am clueless. Kindly help.

Thanks and regards,
    H

Quote Originally Posted by omsuae [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    Using Kies, my Gear device is stuck on stuck on Downloading - Do not turn off target!

Pressing the power button for short or long press period just blanks and shows me same message again.

Thanks and regards,
    H
    Disconnect from the PC.
    Turn off and restart in Recovery Mode:
    [ Login above or register to see download links. ]

Thanks. Much appreciated.

Did anyone have any luck with your Samsung Gear. Mine is still in 'Download...Do not turn off target!!' Any Ideas?

please can anyone help me with i5510m

"Downloading. To not turn off target!!", a possible solution...

Quote Originally Posted by scutti [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    please can anyone help me with i5510m
    Your question was a couple of weeks ago but I wanted to respond so that if other people have this same problem, perhaps the solution that worked for me can help.

I was looking for a new phone, popped my SIM card to test it out, decided not to get it. Put the SIM card back into the old phone (Samsung S2) with no problem. Having a battery charge issue so I turned my phone off. When I turned it back on I got the "Downloading. Do not turn off target!!" message and it stayed that way for what seemed like forever. When I tried to restart it, same message. Took battery out, popped it back in. Same message.

Then, I tried this:

Took out the SIM card. Started up the phone, let it load up and then it showed in the notifications bar up top that the SIM card was missing. Put the SIM card in while the phone was still on. Phone doesn't recognize that the SIM card is in, so I pressed the restart button and that's what it did and voilá. no more annoying message!!

Hope it works for whoever else may come across this problem.

I have this problem, pressing the power button does nothing, screen goes black then same message appears, kies will no longer connect to the device, this happened during updating to official Tizan update, screen is on and the device is getting hot, dunno what to do, any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks and regards,

Quote Originally Posted by lordkevin [ Login above or register to see download links. ]

Thanks and regards,
    The usual way is to pull out the battery or press and hold volume down and power button.

You did not need to go into download mode to use Kies, but as you are, see if SmartSwitch will install the latest firmware as in post#2

[ Login above or register to see download links. ]

@greenman where did you find vol down button on gear fit? I write this becouse today I got same "download mode" message!