Thread: [13.12.2011] 2.3.6 XWJW1 - 3 file - ROOT ed

Banned

Post [13.12.2011] 2.3.6 XWJW1 - 3 file - ROOT ed

[ Login above or register to see download links. ]

- do a cache/data factory resets via cwm prior or after flashing

- full root via runme.bat from Full_ROOT with usb cable connected

CSC in this package: AUT, BSE, CNX, COA, COS, CPW, CRO, CYO, CYV, EUR, IRD, KOR, MET, MOZ, MSR, MTL, O2C, ONE, ORO, ORS, SEB, SIM, SMO, SUN, TMZ, TOP, TPH, TRA, TRG, TSR, TWO, VDH, VDI, VIM, VIP, VVT, XEH, XEO, XEZ, XFA, XFC, XFE, XFM

---==---==---==---==---==---==---==---==---==---==---==---==---==---==---==---==---==---==---==---==---==---==---==---

- do a cache/data factory resets via cwm prior or after flashing

- full root via runme.bat from Full_ROOT with usb cable connected

- you need to manualy copy T9DB folder to /system/ in order to get T9 working with OXAJVT csc
    and here it is -> [ Login above or register to see download links. ]

CSC in this package: CPW, DBT, KOR, XEO, XEU

Just downloaded and installed files using ODIN in the usual way but it's not clear where the KERNEL_ file goes - obviously APBOOT goes into BOOTLOADER and CODE_ goes into PDA; I put KERNEL_ into CSC but I'm not convinced this was right! Anyhow it all went through ok, though it rebooted itself twice instead of once. Then I put on Clockword Mod CF Root from here:

which roots the device, then installed the CF-Root-ext4 add-in (same link above) by coming it to the SD_Card and running it. Then told the Ext4 app to convert the phone to EXT4, which is the lag-fix. The CF files referred to in the above page can be found here:
    I downloaded "CF-Root-XX_OXA_JVZ-v4.3-CWM3RFS.zip" (near the bottom) instead of "CF-Root-XX_OXA_JVT-v4.3-CWM3RFS.tar" referred to in the instructions (as it's newer), and "CF-Root-ext4-v1.3-Addon.apk" for the EXT4 add-in.

I think that was it! Now it really flies, with a Quadrant result of 2029, nearly 3 times its original value!!

By the way, using the CF-Root means you don't need to worry about running any .bat files, much simpler (to someone like me who doesn't know about such things ) Also I didn't need to do a cache clear or anything else, coming from 2.3.5.

Hope this helps!

Richard - Samsung Galaxy S i9000, UK
    Last edited by rgledhill; 14-12-2011 at 19:48.

Has anyone made the install with either root method from $omator or Richard/rgledhill? Are there any experiences yet?

Which mixed 2.3.6/2.3.5 version posted by $omator is better?
    12-12-2011 posting (PDA)I9000XWJVZ OXAJVT or
    14-12-2011 posting PDA_I9000XWJW1_CSC_OXAJVT_MODEM_I9000XXJVT

I'm new to this but I can't imagine that - as decribed by Richard/rgledhill - putting KERNEL to CSC is correct. I also doubt that using another root method (CF-Root for JVZ) instead of using the already prepared kernel in $omator's download will do any better.

Besides, where did you get these "official" stock roms from?

I'm still running an official 2.3.3 DBT stock rom and am tired and frustrated of waiting for a new official Kies update. I've been waiting since summer now and doubt that there will be any in the next ten years. :->
    So now Samsung finally made me really try to flash it by myself, but as this is my first try, I really would like to hear some experience of others about both mentioned versions before.

Banned
    i do not know what are you taking about, my version does not have apboot and code files. you are talking about some other release

Thank you

Any idea how to get the T9DB directory installed on a phone without CWM?

My phone was rooted using the Stock+ kernel.

Also don't have Root Explorer on the phone. All I have is installed is ConnectBot.

I guess I could use the adb tool from the Stock+ root kernel process and push the T9DB directory onto the device, but not confident in my abilities to do that.

EDIT: I used the adb tool from the Stock+ root kernel process and push the T9DB directory onto the device. XT9 is now working.
    Last edited by Black Rose; 30-12-2011 at 16:49.