Thread: Hanged and heated up GT-i9305 after upgrading to 4.3

Hanged and heated up GT-i9305 after upgrading to 4.3

Awaiting and losing patience for the new 4.42 upgrade to confirm if it is the software or phone fault.
    It makes no sense sending to the service centre and saying it is repaired.
    Would the software team from Samsung care to response and advise when the upgrade will happen or is there really a problem with the 4.3 software??
    I believe there are lots of these phone with the same problem.
    Please advise so that all GT-i9305 will have peace of mind.
    Keeping silence and hoping the matter will die itself is no good after sales service and marketing by SAMSUNG.
    Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by ARTHURCHOO [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    Awaiting and losing patience for the new 4.42 upgrade to confirm if it is the software or phone fault.
    It makes no sense sending to the service centre and saying it is repaired.
    Would the software team from Samsung care to response and advise when the upgrade will happen or is there really a problem with the 4.3 software??
    I believe there are lots of these phone with the same problem.
    Please advise so that all GT-i9305 will have peace of mind.
    Keeping silence and hoping the matter will die itself is no good after sales service and marketing by SAMSUNG.
    Thanks.
    I'm sure you are right, and if this forum belonged to Samsung your message would be received by them.
    But it is not.
    Sammobile is a Samsung owners forum , but independent of Samsung.

Overheating, especially after a new software update is usually caused by conflicts with previous firmware settings.
    The solution is either to reinstall your firmware using Kies > Tools > Firmware upgrade and initialisation or
    Put your phone into Recovery Mode and Wipe cache, followed by Wipe data/factory reset.

You may want to backup your user data first by using Kies or the Helium app from the Play Store.

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by greenman [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    I'm sure you are right, and if this forum belonged to Samsung your message would be received by them.
    But it is not.
    Sammobile is a Samsung owners forum , but independent of Samsung.

Overheating, especially after a new software update is usually caused by conflicts with previous firmware settings.
    The solution is either to reinstall your firmware using Kies > Tools > Firmware upgrade and initialisation or
    Put your phone into Recovery Mode and Wipe cache, followed by Wipe data/factory reset.

You may want to backup your user data first by using Kies or the Helium app from the Play Store.
    Thanks "greenman"

Samsung engineers in Singapore has tried to resolve this using remote checking of phone when I have email setting problem but couldn't.
    FYI, not only mine even my daughter's GT-i9305 too has the same problem.

Even if this is not their "FORUM", I believe they would have a team monitoring this forum if they are serious in their business.

Half hearted releases would basically 'kill 'their customer base and reputation.

Thanks again.
    Let's wait and see what would happen next.

Remote checking of the phone would only provide information on the current firmware and setup.
    The factory reset from Recovery Mode would have to be carried out by yourself.
    Do you know how to do it?
    Recovery Mode
    Turn off phone.
    Press and hold volume up + Home button + Power button until in blue writing of Recovery Mode.
    Use Volume to select Wipe cache then Power button to activate.
    Now select Wipe data/factory reset.

Your user data will be wiped including contacts, so backup your data first.
    the Helium app is very good for this:
    [ Login above or register to see download links. ]

Thanks.

We did all that but still the problem persists.

Anyway, I will wait and see the performance of the new update to 4.42.

If problems persist, I will need to send it to Samsung for servicing before my 1 year warranty is up.

Thanks again for the help.