Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Sim card error

Sim card error

Hi guys,

I have a Samsung galaxy s4 lte 9505, phone is been working perfectly till last few weeks Im getting this annoying error:

SIM card removed The mobile network will be unavailable until you restart with a valid SIM card inserted

Ive tried to find a solution but is pretty confusing out there, some people says is hardware issue and others says is software. I did change my sim already and did an hard reset twice...Any help or tips would be so much appreciated

Cheers

Anyone?????

wow easy to get help here....

what a lovely forum...No one here care to help or reply

Quote Originally Posted by groovyz [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    what a lovely forum...No one here care to help or reply
    Sometimes it takes a little longer to get a reply.
    Here's my opinion:
    Not a lot to go on so let's start with software.
    Have you had an update recently?
    Was it OTA?
    We see a lot of problems with OTA updates as they seem to be more prone to an incomplete installation, and no matter how many times you factory reset you have a faulty initial install.
    Solution?
    Download the firmware from Sammobile and reinstall with Odin.

If that doesn't help, look at your sim card and sim slot.
    Initially try taking out the sim card and battery.
    Replace battery and restart but leave sim card out.
    Check sim card for any water, dirt or damage.
    If the card was cut down to fit, then check the contacts and if any damage, replace the sim .
    Turn off and replace sim and reboot. This will refresh your mobile connection.

If that fails then your focus should be on the sim slot. Make sure all contacts are at the same level and none are pushed down.
    It is not that difficult to replace the sim carrier if required.

Hi Greenman,

I have updated recently with OTA ( BTU I9505XXUFNB9 phone4u unlocked)since that update probs begun to show.I never ever had a prob before!I tried ALL solutions and I mean all....reinstalled with odin, changed SIM, cleaned try and connectors...Used paper and scotch tape I think is a bug that is to do GPS and DATA droppings...Its so annoying, I was at my GF home last nite and no error...As soon as I have moved area error triggered twice...I had s4 for nearly an year and I never ever had any hardware issues...I doubt its hardware...Its a tuff bug that what Google and all forums on the Internet says..Ive searched everywhere!!I wanted to sell my phone and get the S5 as I cannot carry on like that..I am missing calls and txts coz of this...I hope next update 4.4.3 or 4.4.4 will solve GPS and data issues.

Have a look into this....Loads of users are complaining about this bug...Nexus 5 and HTC are in the same boat

[ Login above or register to see download links. ]

Cheers
    Last edited by groovyz; 05-08-2014 at 13:27.

try to check your connector sim card..

The GPS link is interesting.
    Loss of GPS has been resolved by tightening the screws holding the phone chassis to the body.
    Apparently these can take half a turn in some cases, and improves the GPS aerial connection.

What shall I do then? I had error 3 times today....Its so annoying....I was thinking maybe to get another firmware with bug fixes? Really need some help!!

Quote Originally Posted by groovyz [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    What shall I do then? I had error 3 times today....Its so annoying....I was thinking maybe to get another firmware with bug fixes? Really need some help!!
    Is it a firmware problem?
    I have an i9505 running on the O2 network and using the BTU I9505XXUFNB9 firmware.
    It is running perfectly well.

As usual, check for any app conflict by starting your phone in Safe Mode, and run for the day.
    Safe Mode does not start any user installed apps.
    To get Safe Mode :
    Turn off phone.
    Press volume down + power button together until phone starts.
    Release power but keep holding volume down.
    SAFE MODE should appear in bottom left corner.

If this does not resolve the problem, and you have reinstalled the firmware, checked your sim card and sim caddy, then we are looking at a hardware issue, and tightening the phone screws may help.
    Otherwise, check phone warranty and return for a repair.
    [ Login above or register to see download links. ]