Login or Join

Thread: keyboard not working

keyboard not working

hello,

can anybody help i keep getting this message on screen unfortunately Samsung keyboard stopped. I'm unable to type so can't use the note pad i'm using not pad pro 10.1 2014 sm-t520

the problem started when i tried to unroot my device. it didn't work so rooted my device. this got my device to load up again but there where error messages that kept on popping up so i did a factory rest hopping the errors would be fixed. it did kinda work the only problem i have is with the keyboard not working

Go to Settings > Application manager > All and find Samsung keyboard.
    Select Wipe Cache then Wipe data.
    Now return to an app that uses the keyboard and it should restart without problems.
    If not,
    Either install another keyboard from the Play Store (I use SwiftKey and very pleased with it) or reinstall your firmware to repair your Android keyboard.
    Last edited by greenman; 30-06-2014 at 00:28.

hello,

thanks for your help. I can't use play as I can't type , can't connect to internet as this is the only keyboard. so cant enter internet id details.

how do I reinstall firmware ? pls help with a link for the correct firmware for my model

mines is note pad pro 10.1 sm-t520 English international model

Quote Originally Posted by mamametro [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    hello,

thanks for your help. I can't use play as I can't type , can't connect to internet as this is the only keyboard. so cant enter internet id details.

how do I reinstall firmware ? pls help with a link for the correct firmware for my model

mines is note pad pro 10.1 sm-t520 English international model
    You can go to the Play Store through your computer.
    Then send the selected app to your Notepad.

Reinstall your firmware using Kies.

[ Login above or register to see download links. ]

Hi,

I don't understand how to use kies. I don't understand how plugging my phone up with kies going to restore my notepad. my notepad is not linked to my phone as i've not been able to access the keyboard to link my google account

Quote Originally Posted by mamametro [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    Hi,

I don't understand how to use kies. I don't understand how plugging my phone up with kies going to restore my notepad. my notepad is not linked to my phone as i've not been able to access the keyboard to link my google account
    When you first started your T520, did you register your Gmail account?
    Have you installed Kies on your PC?
    If not go to this link:

T520 firmware is here, but without knowing your Tab Product Code I cannot give your exact firmware.

where do I look for my product code?

where do I look for my product code?
    Thought you would have found your country in the link I gave.