Thread: The problem is not registered in the network after version 4.4.2

[ Login above or register to see download links. ]

OK, Not looking good is it??

Looking at your phone INFO, your phone is on:
    PDA version: T889UVBMD1 ............. this is 4.1.2
    Baseband version:
    T889UVUCMK7 ....this is 4.3

The best I can suggest is that you install the 4.3 firmware, but because of so many unknowns I do not guarantee the outcome.
    See here for your firmware.
    Download and install with Odin as instructions:
    http://www.sammobile.com/firmwares/database/SGH-T889/

I already have the 4.3 firmware i downloaded from SamMobile. I had installed 4.3 & the network failed so i downgraded to 4.1.2 but let me reflash 4.3 via Odin & let u know

I have reflashed 4.3 but still no network. Imei has now changed to /00. Has no manufacturing date. Made in China
    Last edited by Gentmak; 16-07-2015 at 13:41.

Quote Originally Posted by Gentmak [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    I have reflashed 4.3 but still no network
    Check your IMEI (dial *#06#) and check with under battery IMEI.

Even better, is to reinstall the Phone info *samsung* app and check both IMEI and serial number.
    This guide to the i9300 (very similar to the N7100) will give some idea of what you need to do:

@ *#06# i get /00. Under battery Imei is 353627/05/543635/9. Remember under battery sticker indicates GT-N7100 but download mode indicates SGH-T889.
    Phone info shows blank imei, Android serial Number: 42f75808a4fd9f17. Samsung Serial: RV1CA4EYRJM
    Last edited by Gentmak; 16-07-2015 at 13:58.

I've just checked IMEI and serial number in the info app, and from your IMEI it is an N7100 Note 2, but the US TMobile version of the Note 2 is the T889.

To sum up:
    1. IMEI is showing 0000
    2. Serial number is showing as correct.

To repair the IMEI can be very difficult as it is a very secure folder.
    Your phone with its mixed hardware is even more difficult.
    You may have to take it to a mobile shop where they have an Octoplus box or similar to reinstall your IMEI.

Hullo Mr.Greenman. I managed to get NV Items_Reader_Writer software & i changed my imei to that on the sticker of the phone, then i updated to 4.3 but the network is still very unstable with Edge siginal.

My friend from xda who helped me with imei change says; "Again, the solution is not linear.
    in post #15, I give the step by step on how to rebuild NV. I believe that this option is only available at 4.1.1.
    In my case, I rebuilt the NV Build, which got me to a weird NULL imei state, and then I wrote to the device using the entire template file, which successfully resolved my spotty network issues.
    in terms of your firmware, I would search for sprint carrier 4.1.1 perhaps for galaxy note 2 (not sgh-t889 since this version was the t-mobile brand)?
    im not sure what is best solution path for you. GSM firmware on a GSM carrier, GSM firmware on a CDMA carrier or CDMA firmware on a CDMA carrier?
    probably the last option is best for you, but im not sure. samsung designed these phones to be world phones.
    just make sure that you have correctly written the entire template that I modified you, unaltered, just to eliminate this step finally. if this step doesn't resolve the network issues, then my guess is that you have successfully updated the EFS partition and IMEI on the device. however, the problem now lies with installing the proper firmware for your local carrier.
    My current details;
    Original CSC: TMB
    Active CSC code: TBM
    Product Code: SGH-T889TSATMB
    PDA version: T889UVUCMK7
    CSC version: T889TMBCMK7
    Baseband version: T889UVUCMK7
    Android version: 4.3
    Last edited by Gentmak; 20-07-2015 at 06:57.

As you have found, IMEI repair is very difficult.
    Well done for getting this far and finding some good support from XDA.
    The android community are generally very supportive of each other.