Thread: Changing language to Thai.

Question Changing language to Thai.

Hi all,

I have a Galaxy Tab3 8" here from someone who wants it in the Thai language.
    The tablet itself has been bought in Belgium and I know the following info from it:

Model: SM-T315
    Android: 4.2.2
    Baseband: T315XXUAMG3
    Buildnumber: JDQ39.T315XXUAMG3

Now I wanted to flash it to another firmware version of Android 4.2.2 that supports the Thai language.
    I am currently downloading T315XWUANA1, I am not quite sure if this version supports the Thai language, but I have another tablet SM-311 from the same people that has been bought in thailand and if i lookup the firmware it say's singapore so I based on that, correct me if I am wrong

Now for flashing the device:

I just download the firmware, download odin and flash it with the steps that has been described like this:

Instructions

Extract (unzip) the firmware file
    Download Odin v3.09
    Extract Odin zip-file
    Open Odin v3.09
    Reboot phone in Download Mode (press and hold Home + Power + Volume Down buttons)
    Connect phone and wait until you get a blue sign in Odin
    Add the firmware file to AP / PDA
    Make sure re-partition is NOT ticked
    Click the start button, sit back and wait a few minutes

Do i need to pay attention to some other details maybe ? as you would understand from reading this topic, this is the first time I am going to do something like this

I also have been reading something about CMW, is this really necessary to have ? probably if things would go wrong ?

Regards,
    Steven

Sorry for the delay in replying.
    Your instructions are correct for installing a stock Samsung firmware.
    CWM is a custom recovery that is mainly used to install a custom firmware, so not required for what you are doing.

The only check to make is if the Tab is a 3G version.
    If it is, then make sure it is not locked to a network before installing another firmware.

Quote Originally Posted by greenman View Post
    Sorry for the delay in replying.
    Your instructions are correct for installing a stock Samsung firmware.
    CWM is a custom recovery that is mainly used to install a custom firmware, so not required for what you are doing.

The only check to make is if the Tab is a 3G version.
    If it is, then make sure it is not locked to a network before installing another firmware.
    Hi greenman,

Thanks for the reply, I was not completly sure if i needed some more things or not.
    Just flashed the tablet, works like a charm and got the language I needed so now I can bring it back to the owners

Thanks for confirming the steps, cause I do not have that much expirience with flashing tablets and stuff
    The tablet indeed is a 3G version, but not locked to a network .

Regards,
    Steven