Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: "Fail!" message while installing new official ROM.

Question "Fail!" message while installing new official ROM.

Hello, guys. I wonder (and hope) you can help me.

I notice my stock ROM (P905MUBUANC1) has no LTE band selection option (Settings > More networks > Mobile Networks > Network mode) so I downloaded a fresher one (P905XXUANE1_P905XEFANE1_P905XXUANA7_HOME.tar.md5) hoping it would solve my problem but I just can't get to install it. I have flawlessly installed official ROMs to several Samsung devices before (SII, Note, S4, Tab 2 10.1) but this time Odin will display a "Fail!" message during the update operation. I tried switching to several Odin versions as well as turning on/off USB Debugging.

Are you guys aware of that issue? Do you guys know if the aforementioned ROM does address it?

Your reply is appreciated.

Kindest regards!
    Carlos Abelheira

We are all still coming to terms with the new world of Samsung, and its policy to replicate Apple in locking down its firmware.
    The good old days of installing any firmware for the device model have gone.
    We now have to think about Region Locking, Bootloader locking and Knox security.

Samsung are clearly trying to disuade us from updating our devices with anything other than OTA or Kies.

As to your problem with no LTE band, this is because the CSC includes the network settings.
    You have to find a firmware that has network settings that support LTE.
    This can be a bit hit and miss, but to help us can you install the app below and post your device:
    Product Code
    PDA version
    CSC version
    Baseband version
    Android version

Quote Originally Posted by greenman [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    We are all still coming to terms with the new world of Samsung, and its policy to replicate Apple in locking down its firmware.
    The good old days of installing any firmware for the device model have gone.
    We now have to think about Region Locking, Bootloader locking and Knox security.

Samsung are clearly trying to disuade us from updating our devices with anything other than OTA or Kies.

As to your problem with no LTE band, this is because the CSC includes the network settings.
    You have to find a firmware that has network settings that support LTE.
    This can be a bit hit and miss, but to help us can you install the app below and post your device:
    Product Code
    PDA version
    CSC version
    Baseband version
    Android version
    Hey Greenman

Thanks much for your quick reply.
    I got in touch with local Samsung support and according to them the LTE/WCDMA/GSM option won't display unless there's an actual LTE network up and running on the device. What I'm going to do is, I'm going to use my father's 4G SIM card (from a different carrier) and see how things turn out. So far, I've switched sim cards between my S4 and my tablet (same carrier) but still no LTE recognition whatsoever for the Note Pro.

Now, you mentioned I should ˜find a firmware that has network settings that support LTE". I installed this app that did show my tablet has LTE but, not to our surprise, it wouldn't let me go any further. And also, Greenman, you mentioned I can "install the app below" but I can't find its link. Regarding the info you requested:
    Product Code SM-P905
    PDA version (Where can I find that, please?)
    CSC version: P905MZTOANB1
    Baseband version: P905MUBUANC1
    Android version: 4.4.2

Please let me know if any piece of information is incorrect and thank you one more time for your support.

Apologies.
    Forgot to post the link:
    [ Login above or register to see download links. ]

This would appear to be your firmware:
    Model: [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    Model name: GALAXY NotePRO 12.2 LTE
    Version: Android 4.4.2
    Changelist: N/A
    Build date: Thu, 01 Jan 1970 00:00:00 +0000
    Product Code: [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    PDA: P905MUBUAND1
    CSC: P905MZTOANB1
    MODEM: P905MUBUANC1

Note: You have an SM-P905M
    The M is important as you use a different modem set up in Brazil to the international SM-P905.
    If you have installed SM-P905 firmware then that could be the reason for loss of LTE option.
    Last edited by greenman; 21-06-2014 at 21:08.

Many thanks! Installed!

Quote Originally Posted by Abelheira [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    Many thanks! Installed!
    Note my edit regarding using the correct firmware.
    You have an SM-P905M not the international SM-P905.
    If you try to install SM-P905 firmware then Odin is likely to fail at the modem install.
    You also risk losing your IMEI if the EFS file gets corrupted.
    No IMEI = no network connection.

Product Code: SM-P905MZWLZTO
    PDA version: P905MUBUAND1

Quote Originally Posted by Abelheira [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    Product Code: SM-P905MZWLZTO
    PDA version: P905MUBUAND1
    According to Wiki, the following networks offer an LTE service:
    [ Login above or register to see download links. ] [ Login above or register to see download links. ] 2600 7 FDD December 2012 [ Login above or register to see download links. ][ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    [ Login above or register to see download links. ] [ Login above or register to see download links. ] 1800 3 FDD June 2014 [ Login above or register to see download links. ][ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    [ Login above or register to see download links. ] [ Login above or register to see download links. ] 2600 7 FDD April 2013 [ Login above or register to see download links. ][ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    [ Login above or register to see download links. ] [ Login above or register to see download links. ] 2600 38 TDD March 2013 [ Login above or register to see download links. ][ Login above or register to see download links. ][ Login above or register to see download links. ][ Login above or register to see download links. ] Provider formerly named [ Login above or register to see download links. ].
    [ Login above or register to see download links. ] [ Login above or register to see download links. ] 2600 38 TDD December 2011 [ Login above or register to see download links. ][ Login above or register to see download links. ][ Login above or register to see download links. ] FWB[ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    [ Login above or register to see download links. ] [ Login above or register to see download links. ] 2600 7 FDD July 2013 [ Login above or register to see download links. ][ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    [ Login above or register to see download links. ] [ Login above or register to see download links. ] 2600 7 FDD April 2013 [ Login above or register to see download links. ][ Login above or register to see download links. ]

Your 'Open' ZTO firmware should support most if not all of these networks.
    Last edited by greenman; 21-06-2014 at 21:21.

Now that's a big deal for the M there. Well, I have NEVER changed its firmware in fact. The support guy had me factory reset the device which I did but still...
    Starting to get desperate here. Kies will tell me I have the latest firmware installed.
    Thanks for all your time and information!

Starting to get desperate here. Kies will tell me I have the latest firmware installed!
    Yes, Kies will tell you that you have the latest firmware - because you do.
    Which network are you connecting to?
    Do you have an LTE activated sim card and an LTE package?