Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Error odin to 4.4.2 (NAND Write Start ... fail) and can not use recovery mode.

can you tell me what this ended with???
    i have exactly the same problem

Also try chancing the USB port.

Please note, sometimes the issues is not cable, or ROM image, or missing steps or problem with the PC, but it can be the USB port you are using. I have 3 ports on my laptop, all are fully functional. 1 is charging and USB 2.0 port and 2 are USB 3.0 standard ports. It turned out, the ROM upgrade with ODIN and Samsung Tab only worked with the USB 3.0 ports. When it was connected to the charging USB 2.0 port, I got the same issues, trying to resolve this for 6 hours. In the end the solution was so simple I scratch my head.
    Hope this may help others.

---

Quote Originally Posted by diego67ratten [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    hi all, I have a problem with my N8000.

this occurs when installing the 4.4.2 (germany) upgrade with odin SamMobile 3.0.9 and everything was pefect but at night it reset and left the loop "samsung".

I can not use recovery mode and use odin to install recovery

I tried with odin 3.0.7 and 1.8.5

Enter CS for MD5 <OSM> ..
    <OSM> Check MD5 .. Do not unplug the cord ..
    <OSM> Please wait ..
    <OSM> N8000XXUDNE4_N8000OXADNE4_N8000XXUDNE1.tar.md5 is valid.
    Checking MD5 finished Sucessfully <OSM> ..
    <OSM> Leave CS ..
    <ID:0/011> Odin v.3 engine (ID: 11) ..
    <ID:0/011> File analysis ..
    <ID:0/011> SetupConnection ..
    <ID:0/011> Initialzation ..
    <ID:0/011> Get PIT for mapping ..
    <ID:0/011> Firmware update start ..
    <ID:0/011> SingleDownload.
    <ID:0/011> sboot.bin
    <ID:0/011> NAND Write Start!
    <ID:0/011> FAIL!
    <ID:0/011>
    <ID:0/011> Complete (Write) operation failed.
    <OSM> All threads completed. (succeed 0 / failed 1)

I tried it in odin 1.85, 3.07, 3.09.

I have to use other files as pit?

make sure you're not using VMWARE for mac osx. it doesn work. had the same issue and it was resolve by switching to parallel desktop

Guys, Kies 3 has a way of re-flashing your device to the latest official firmware for a certain model with a certain Samsung serial number, i.e. even if your device is bricked and Kies 3 cannot detect it, you enter it's model and Samsung serial number and Kies 3 will download and flash the firmware for you, all you need to do is open Kies 3, power up your device and connect it to your PC, you will then open Tools menu and select Firmware Upgrade and Initialization, if Kies 3 can detect your phone it will show you the version of the firmware that will be downloaded and flashed then you will proceed as instructed (very simple procedures), if not you will be asked to enter just your model (for example GT-N8000) and your Samsung Serial Number (usually starts with R can be found on the sticker under the battery) then it will show you the latest official firmware for your device and if you proceed it will download and flash it for you, but be careful (this will be noted by Kies 3 too) you should get a full backup of your phone as it may wipe out everything on the internal storage in the process if it's required (i.e. a bricked phone to the extent of wrong partitioning that lead to loss of imei), needless to say this process depends on your internet connection (it downloads prerequisite files and firmware files which are relatively large), from little experience I have, it's best that you use the conventional official method for any product rather than unconventional ways at the beginning to solve any problem related to any product, if it doesn't help then try your best with any other method that might help you (by the way I tried this with more than one model of Samsung smart phones, tablets and notes and it always ends up solving the problem, in some cases with my friends devices reviving the device again after being totally bricked), hope this helps .

Note: all devices I used this method with were original devices straight from Samsung (International Versions, Unbranded & Unlocked), so the firmware comes straight from Samsung (no modifications done by operators / carriers) so I'm not sure if it will work for other devices (Fake Cloned, Locked or Branded devices with carriers specific settings)
    Last edited by Ahmedivx; 29-11-2014 at 01:47.

Quote Originally Posted by Ahmedivx [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    Guys, Kies 3 has a way of re-flashing your device to the latest official firmware for a certain model with a certain Samsung serial number, i.e. even if your device is bricked and Kies 3 cannot detect it, you enter it's model and Samsung serial number and Kies 3 will download and flash the firmware for you, all you need to do is open Kies 3, power up your device and connect it to your PC, you will then open Tools menu and select Firmware Upgrade and Initialization, if Kies 3 can detect your phone it will show you the version of the firmware that will be downloaded and flashed then you will proceed as instructed (very simple procedures), if not you will be asked to enter just your model (for example GT-N8000) and your Samsung Serial Number (usually starts with R can be found on the sticker under the battery) then it will show you the latest official firmware for your device and if you proceed it will download and flash it for you, but be careful (this will be noted by Kies 3 too) you should get a full backup of your phone as it may wipe out everything on the internal storage in the process if it's required (i.e. a bricked phone to the extent of wrong partitioning that lead to loss of imei), needless to say this process depends on your internet connection (it downloads prerequisite files and firmware files which are relatively large), from little experience I have, it's best that you use the conventional official method for any product rather than unconventional ways at the beginning to solve any problem related to any product, if it doesn't help then try your best with any other method that might help you (by the way I tried this with more than one model of Samsung smart phones, tablets and notes and it always ends up solving the problem, in some cases with my friends devices reviving the device again after being totally bricked), hope this helps .

Note: all devices I used this method with were original devices straight from Samsung (International Versions, Unbranded & Unlocked), so the firmware comes straight from Samsung (no modifications done by operators / carriers) so I'm not sure if it will work for other devices (Fake Cloned, Locked or Branded devices with carriers specific settings)
    What should i do if Kies says "GT-N8000 does not support initialsing" when i try to use "Firmware and upgrade utilization". i tried Kies and Kies3, both of which are updated to the latest versions available. i tried several ports and both Windows 7 and Windows 8.1.

When i tried flashing the BL i found in a package called "togetsafestrap", the loading bar for the first time since the device got broken (i have the same issue as the thread's author), but then that bar stays there no matter how long i wait. Neither odin gives up, nor the device shows any signs of the bar budging a bit, or even disappearing. The bar starts as a full bar and just stays there. Odin freezes at Nand start, but does not crash or shows a "not responding" screen. I read that the issue could be due to extreme compression of tar packages, but when i tried to unpack and pack them back using .7zip, it did not work (it still fails at nand write).
    my device is now dead for almost 5 months now, and when i went to a customer service center, i was told that the device needs a motherboard replacement.
    who should i believe, and what should be done?

Quote Originally Posted by yousef_badr23 [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    What should i do if Kies says "GT-N8000 does not support initialsing" when i try to use "Firmware and upgrade utilization". i tried Kies and Kies3, both of which are updated to the latest versions available. i tried several ports and both Windows 7 and Windows 8.1.
    I'm sorry to hear that, It's not a problem with Windows or Ports, it's related to the original stock rom of the device, my brother's GT-N8000 was originally on Ice Cream Sandwich 4.0.4, and this version is not supported any more in Kies or Kies 3 for Initialization, the thing is for our region (CSC EGY) , there is no support for this model, it doesn't get any updates neither by Kies nor Over The Air (OTA), and it was stuck on Ice Cream Sandwich 4.0.4 until I upgraded it manually to KitKat 4.4.2 but with firmware of a different region (United Arab Emirate CSC XSG), then it's detected by Kies 3 and can be initialized to this firmware, I have read that changing your CSC might solve your issue but I don't recommend it as i haven't tried it myself, what I did is flashing the device with a firmware that is compatible with it (same model) and the CSC was changed with the process, of course this worked because the device was the international unlocked model, so it doesn't matter which firmware region you upgrade to as long as it's for the same international unlocked model (GT-N8000 in this case)

device does not function does not include p Alrikfra and put new work gives me a rum failure in Alaudin[ Login above or register to see download links. ]

<ID:0/009> Added!!
    <OSM> Enter CS for MD5..
    <OSM> Check MD5.. Do not unplug the cable..
    <OSM> Please wait..
    <OSM> S7582XXUANK2_S7582OXXANK1__S7582XXUANK2_HOME.tar.m d5 is valid.
    <OSM> Checking MD5 finished Sucessfully..
    <OSM> Leave CS..
    <ID:0/009> Odin v.3 engine (ID:9)..
    <ID:0/009> File analysis..
    <ID:0/009> SetupConnection..
    <ID:0/009> Initialzation..
    <ID:0/009> Get PIT for mapping..
    <ID:0/009> Complete(Write) operation failed.
    <OSM> All threads completed. (succeed 0 / failed 1)
    <ID:0/009> Removed!!

I have the same problem nand write operation fails

Model-SM-G355H/DS (core 2 duos)