Thread: Fast battery drain during screen on time?? Only 2.5 hrs!

Question Fast battery drain during screen on time?? Only 2.5 hrs!

I recently installed the latest Carbon Rom Nightly 4.4.4 on my Note 3 N9005, however I've noticed the battery life drains very quickly during screen on time. In standby it will last much longer. After 14hrs the battery was down to 11% with only 2.5hrs of that as screen on time.
    I've put some screenshots into the album below.

Does anyone have any suggestions or recommendations as to what I can do about this?

[ Login above or register to see download links. ]

Quote Originally Posted by earldrummond [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    I recently installed the latest Carbon Rom Nightly 4.4.4 on my Note 3 N9005, however I've noticed the battery life drains very quickly during screen on time. In standby it will last much longer. After 14hrs the battery was down to 11% with only 2.5hrs of that as screen on time.
    I've put some screenshots into the album below.

Does anyone have any suggestions or recommendations as to what I can do about this?

Do nothing other than turn down your screen brightness or have it on auto.
    The battery stats are about what would be expected for your phone.

If it was heavy battery use down to apps then I would recommend installing Greenify:

hello
    all australian modem firmwares are: MODEM: N9005XXUENE3 and there is only a magic solution MODEM: N9005XXUGNG1 or wait for N9005XXUGNH1

best regards

Quote Originally Posted by yakapa40 [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    hello
    all australian modem firmwares are: MODEM: N9005XXUENE3 and there is only a magic solution MODEM: N9005XXUGNG1 or wait for N9005XXUGNH1

best regards
    Thanks for the reply. How many hours do you normally get of screen on time?

I am actually running N9005XXUGNG1(from the stock Poland firmware).

I've attached a screenshot from todays use so far and you can see huge drops during screen on time (standby is fine and will only drop 1-2% per hr). Currently I'm down to 68% with only 1h 21m of screen on.
    I've been using CPU throttling (1497MHz) and a Conservative Governor in the Developer Performance Settings, I've also been using Greenify and switched to Auto Brightness and still the battery life is no where near what it use to be with the stock firmware. I really believe it's some sort of bug in the rom so I might flash a few others and see how the perform.

[ Login above or register to see download links. ][ Login above or register to see download links. ]

i can get 7h00 of screen time with cell standby 0% time without signal

screen shot:

regards