Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Downgrade KitKat 4.4.2 to Jelly Bean 4.1.2 (WITHOUT root)

Downgrade KitKat 4.4.2 to Jelly Bean 4.1.2 (WITHOUT root)

Hey Guys,

just to inform here:

In spite of the new BL from 4.4.2 a downgrade to stock 4.1.2 is possible.
    I made it over Odin with firmware from sammobile ([ Login above or register to see download links. ]).
    Flashing Tutorial here:
    [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    After auto-reboot tablet will stuck in routine and you need to enter Recovery-Mode an make fullwipe and deleting cache.

Also 2 guys from other forum in Germany gone through this way successfully. All platforms GT-N8000!

Until now me and the other two guys don't have any problems.

**NOTE** There is no fully guarantee from me that it works in each case! But I wish good luck to everyone who is just as annoyed as me from update to 4.4.2!

If the downgrade was from the leaked 4.4.2,then this is probably because this repackaged and leaked firmware did not have a locked bootloader.
    The officially released India 4.4.2 may cause more problems with downgrading - but we will have to wait and see if it contains a locked bootloader.

hi, someone know how delete the RP ( Rollback Prevention ) of N8000XXUDNE4 (germany) for a galaxy note 10.1 n8000 this RP lock my bootloader, he say "swrev: A2"

Quote Originally Posted by armijos_ec [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    hi, someone know how delete the RP ( Rollback Prevention ) of N8000XXUDNE4 (germany) for a galaxy note 10.1 n8000 this RP lock my bootloader, he say "swrev: A2"
    Unfortunately android 4.4.2 brought with it a locked bootloader preventing any downgrade.

Quote Originally Posted by armijos_ec [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    the problem is the "sboot.img", I can not delete or overwriter. I tried the option "erase all nand" but not worked.

actually my note have the 4.1.2, but with out delete the "RP" my "note" have a error with the baterry.

I have to overwrite the "sboot.img" but how?

the problem is the "sboot.img", I can not delete or overwriter. I tried the option "erase all nand" but not worked.

actually my note have the 4.1.2, but with out delete the "RP" my "note" have a error with the baterry.

I have to overwrite the "sboot.img" but how?
    The whole point of Samsung's sboot (secure boot) is to stop downgrading by locking the bootloader.
    You cannot remove it.

Any idea if India downgrade is possible?

Quote Originally Posted by williamvivian [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    Any idea if India downgrade is possible?
    No downgrade from 4.4.2 is possible (unless you have a network phone, and the network didn't update the modem file)

Quote Originally Posted by greenman [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    No downgrade from 4.4.2 is possible (unless you have a network phone, and the network didn't update the modem file)
    True. I learned the lesson the painful way...

Here's how I downgraded to 4.1.2.
    After upgrading firmware with 4.2.2, get the device rooted via ODIN (CF-Auto-Root-p4noterf-p4noterfxx-gtn8000)
    Reboot device and SuperSU would report an error.
    Update SuperSU from PlayStore
    Get MobileODIN from the Play Store.
    Copy 4.1.2 firmware onto external SD (N8000XXCMJ2...)
    Launch MobileODIN and flash firmware from there.
    Bootloader remains locked though, but you'd have 4.1.2 up and running.