Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Downgrade KitKat 4.4.2 to Jelly Bean 4.1.2 (WITHOUT root)

Hi everyone! I am stuck with firmware 4.4.2 (original installed with Odin from PC) and I really want to do the downgrade to 4.1.2. BUT I am deeply concerned about this "battery" issue (apparently related to this "sboot" file). Could anyone that has made the process of downgrade AND also faced the "battery issue" explain EXACTLY which the problem is? I mean, not the source of the problem but how it manifest: the tablet does not charge? charges slowly? the icon of charging does not move? it hangs if disconnected while charging? it does not charge if the screen is off? Thank you very much in advance!
    GABRIEL, from Buenos Aires, Argentina.
    Last edited by mundodisco; 22-10-2014 at 12:14. Reason: subscription to changes in the thread

Yes. Same question. Does Battery error mean if battery drains and device switches off, you cannot switch it on again (because you can't charge it)?

Regarding Battery error, it is not that the battery does not charge. It charges, but only the icon doesn't show that it is charging. Just charged my note (downgraded to 4.1.2) switched off, and when I switched it on, the battery level shows that it has increased (even though it was stuck on the icon error, when it was charging).

Charging is a function of hardware, and no software cannot 'prevent' a device from charging.

In short this is a very minor issue and should not hold you back from going ahead and downgrading....

??

Quote Originally Posted by greenman [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    Unfortunately android 4.4.2 brought with it a locked bootloader preventing any downgrade.
    I just downgraded my Galaxy tab 3 Sm-T210 4.4.2 Kit Kat back to 4.1.2 Jelly Bean by flashing it with stock 4.1.2 Rom and then wiping deleting all data and wiping deleting all cache in recovery mode after the device stops loading when flashed with old firmware

I was a bit painful, soft bricked and all, but at the end, it worked. Thanks
    By the way my wife ( tablet's real user) tells me that she got a "No network available" message very often, I don't know what / why it's happening. Anyone having the same issue ?

You may have lost the efs (IMEI) in the process. If you backed this up then you're cool... it has been two years so by now you probably have the ipad pro anyway.

lol this post is timeless I downgraded to 4.1.2 and have that battery problem when charging while the tab is off and have extra faster battery drain!!
    I now want to upgrade to JB 4.2.2 via odin but it fails saying "invalid magic string"!
    Anyone knows a way to upgrade?

Quote Originally Posted by egydreamer [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    lol this post is timeless I downgraded to 4.1.2 and have that battery problem when charging while the tab is off and have extra faster battery drain!!
    I now want to upgrade to JB 4.2.2 via odin but it fails saying "invalid magic string"!
    Anyone knows a way to upgrade?
    If you are only one update behind then Kies should be able to update for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Ersdeedee [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    Here's how I downgraded to 4.1.2.
    After upgrading firmware with 4.2.2, get the device rooted via ODIN (CF-Auto-Root-p4noterf-p4noterfxx-gtn8000)
    Reboot device and SuperSU would report an error.
    Update SuperSU from PlayStore
    Get MobileODIN from the Play Store.
    Copy 4.1.2 firmware onto external SD (N8000XXCMJ2...)
    Launch MobileODIN and flash firmware from there.
    Bootloader remains locked though, but you'd have 4.1.2 up and running.

Thanks for this post. Have had my tablet sitting for a while because I couldn't find a good way to Downgrade. This method worked perfectly (had to pay $5 for the mobileODIN app but it was worth it).

The site lies, it says all firmware downloads are free but tells me I have to upgrade to premium when i click the download. What a crock!