Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Downgrade KitKat 4.4.2 to Jelly Bean 4.1.2 (WITHOUT root)

.... and Knox tripped, warranty lost and all for what?
    Like any firmware, KitKat will be updated with stability updates, and 4.4.3 isn't far away.

Is it just me or version 4.4.2 consumes more battery? Any way to fix this?

Quote Originally Posted by greenman [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    .... and Knox tripped, warranty lost and all for what?
    Like any firmware, KitKat will be updated with stability updates, and 4.4.3 isn't far away.
    I am really interested in this rollback procedure. One of the apps developed by the company I am giving IT support is not working with the new firmware. The programming dept. is quite busy with other tasks and won't be updating this app soon...

It definitely is a pain in the a$$ but it can buy me a couple of weeks I don't have to fix this issue with this app...

Quote Originally Posted by Ersdeedee [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    Here's how I downgraded to 4.1.2.
    After upgrading firmware with 4.2.2, get the device rooted via ODIN (CF-Auto-Root-p4noterf-p4noterfxx-gtn8000)
    Reboot device and SuperSU would report an error.
    Update SuperSU from PlayStore
    Get MobileODIN from the Play Store.
    Copy 4.1.2 firmware onto external SD (N8000XXCMJ2...)
    Launch MobileODIN and flash firmware from there.
    Bootloader remains locked though, but you'd have 4.1.2 up and running.
    Is it possible to unroot, flash an official recovery and an official 4.4.2 rom afterwards? I am looking forward using these in a not too distant future...

Quote Originally Posted by J4m4cuc0 [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    Is it possible to unroot, flash an official recovery and an official 4.4.2 rom afterwards? I am looking forward using these in a not too distant future...
    This procedure would not appear to be for you as you would be losing more than you gain - tripped Knox, so no Warranty.

Quote Originally Posted by greenman [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    If the downgrade was from the leaked 4.4.2,then this is probably because this repackaged and leaked firmware did not have a locked bootloader.
    The officially released India 4.4.2 may cause more problems with downgrading - but we will have to wait and see if it contains a locked bootloader.
    I didn't downgrade from leaked 4.4.2... My downgrade from official 4.4.2 DBT was also successfully in spite of new BL. I mean, didn't change BL with downgrade, just the firmware via Odin. And luckily the new BL from 4.4.2 works fine with firmware 4.1.2... that's what I wanted to inform about, because many think that it will not work, but it does! (At least in 3 oder 4 cases with german firmware.)

There is always a risk, yes, but maybe, somebody doesn't like 4.4.2 just as me and needs an idea to go back without root, so that's the answer I want to give.

(Sorry for bad english )

There is always a risk, yes, but maybe, somebody doesn't like 4.4.2 just as me and needs an idea to go back without root, so that's the answer I want to give.
    Thank you for your reply.
    All we have to do now is understand why?
    If the DBT N8000 4.4.2 firmware has a locked bootloader, then a downgrade should not be possible.
    If the DBT N8000 4.4.2 firmware does not have a locked bootloader then what you have discovered is as expected.

Tried this method and I can say it worked. Got back to 4.1.2 and I could use the corporate app that wouldn't work in 4.4.2... (I know I am losing warranty but...)

One problem though: charging the device while turned off just gives me the image of the battery callibrating and it won't go off... Working on on a solution for it now.

Quote Originally Posted by J4m4cuc0 [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    One problem though: charging the device while turned off just gives me the image of the battery callibrating and it won't go off... Working on on a solution for it now.
    I could not figure out what the problem was... The device locked while charging and it would not show the animated charging icon while using Android 4.1.2 (Official). I re-flashed it to Official 4.4.2 again and it is now fully operational.

So much for this option...

are u sure this would work?