Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: S5 IMEI problem

S5 IMEI problem

Hi,

I've bought an S5. The firmware was SM-G900H (G900HXXU1ANCG) and working and IMEI was correct, but it says G900F in battery bay (with SSN: G900FGSMH). Since it says "No Service" when I turned it on, I decided to update firmware (tried G900HXXU1ANE2) but my IMEI changed to 0049.

Thus I need to turn back original firmware G900HXXU1ANCG. But I also have suspect that it might be indeed G900F. Is it possible that reseller flashed wrong firmware (G900H firmware to G900F hardware) If not, I need to return back the original firmware, but I can not find this firmware version (ANCG)

The model in the battery bay will be the correct model, and it does look like another firmware was installed.
    To go back to the original follow this link for emergency firmware.
    If Kies will initialize, the original firmware for your phone will be installed, and hopefully correct your IMEI.
    [ Login above or register to see download links. ]

Thanks greenman,

Now my problem is, I'm entering following information to kis but it says "The model information that you have entered cannot be verified; the device initialization cannot proceed."

My device S/N is RV1F4M6S7GA and I've tried both SM-G900F and SM-G900H

UPDATE: I've tried all known model numbers (6V to W8) with my S/N and still same message. I'm confused right now, I check my mobile with CPU-z and it says exynos (900H I suppose), so it's genuine samsung (not a replica). But my S/N is not found by Kies. My original stock firmware is G900HXXU1ANCG where it is only found in chinese sites (see: [ Login above or register to see download links. ])

Quote Originally Posted by eax [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    Thanks greenman,

Now my problem is, I'm entering following information to kis but it says "The model information that you have entered cannot be verified; the device initialization cannot proceed."

My device S/N is RV1F4M6S7GA and I've tried both SM-G900F and SM-G900H
    It is possible that your serial number has changed (along with the IMEI)
    Can you install this app and check the recorded Serial number against the actual one (under the battery)

Hi greenman,

the S/N is written on battery bay. Phone Info shows something different (series of hex digits). Thus I feel I need G900HXXU1ANCG firmware.

Quote Originally Posted by eax [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    Hi greenman,

the S/N is written on battery bay. Phone Info shows something different (series of hex digits). Thus I feel I need G900HXXU1ANCG firmware.
    No, what you need to do is repair your IMEI and serial number.
    Then install G900F firmware if you want to bring it back to the original.

Quote Originally Posted by greenman [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    No, what you need to do is repair your IMEI and serial number.
    Then install G900F firmware if you want to bring it back to the original.
    SM-G900F firmware (Top 10 latest) here:

Which country are you looking for?
    The original Product Code (where your phone was sold) may be found with this app:

Actually I've bought phone from China, but as stated in PUSHROM site (a chinese firmware site) it is Unknown. I tried INU version, but no luck.

By the way, can loading stock firmware restore my IMEI? Or is there any other method for recovering IMEI? (searched and applied whatever suggested in xda-developers but no luck there)

Actually I've bought phone from China, but as stated in PUSHROM site (a chinese firmware site) it is Unknown. I tried INU version, but no luck.

By the way, can loading stock firmware restore my IMEI? Or is there any other method for recovering IMEI? (searched and applied whatever suggested in xda-developers but no luck there)
    Restoring the IMEI can be difficult and may need a mobile repair shop.
    Installing an earlier firmware version can often help and is the first thing to try.