Thread: I'm new. Please guide me to download android 4.2.2

I'm new. Please guide me to download android 4.2.2

Hi there,
    I'm new in manualy flashing roms. I'm from Lebanon and I have the galaxy tab2 GT-P5100 running android 4.0.4(the latest software in Lebanon for this device). I found it easy to download a firmware via sammobile so I decided to download the Russian 4.2.2 firmware. I think that I can do it because I watched some youtube videos. Is it safe ? It may brick my device even if I followed the instructions in details?
    Please help because I don't want to brick my device.

The p5100 is a 3G tablet therefore you must make sure that it is not locked to a network.

If not locked, the there should be no problem in installing the Russia firmware.

By doing so, your tablet will not update with Kies, and you may not have your preferred language on board.

Quote Originally Posted by greenman [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    The p5100 is a 3G tablet therefore you must make sure that it is not locked to a network.

If not locked, the there should be no problem in installing the Russia firmware.

By doing so, your tablet will not update with Kies, and you may not have your preferred language on board.
    Thanks greenman for this reply. It's completely unlocked. Is it safe to flash?

Quote Originally Posted by mado1999 [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    Thanks greenman for this reply. It's completely unlocked. Is it safe to flash?
    Any new firmware update or installation has a risk, but it is a small one.
    As I said, the biggest problem is that Kies will not update your phone after installing the Russia firmware as you will have broken the link between the phone CSC (Product Code) and the firmware CSC.