Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What they mean, these numbers and letters

sorry one more thing. I found this on the net:
    You can always flash same firmware in various countries however, keep in mind you shouldn't attempt flashing a carrier branded firmware on other countries. For example, you can install a firmware that rolled out for Hungary in Uruguay but you can't flash Hungary (VDH) firmware when your country is Uruguay.

means that on my tablet I can't install a different rom of US rom (T320UEUU1ANAG or more updated versions)??

Quote Originally Posted by MdpMdp [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    sorry one more thing. I found this on the net:
    You can always flash same firmware in various countries however, keep in mind you shouldn't attempt flashing a carrier branded firmware on other countries. For example, you can install a firmware that rolled out for Hungary in Uruguay but you can't flash Hungary (VDH) firmware when your country is Uruguay.

means that on my tablet I can't install a different rom of US rom (T320UEUU1ANAG or more updated versions)??
    The only rule is that you cannot install another firmware on a network locked device.
    If unlocked to any network, then any correct model firmware can be installed. It may not be sensible to install a network firmware as the modem firmware is specifically chosen for the optimum access to that specific network.

Of course, none of this matters on a wifi only device. On your T320 you can install any T320 firmware.
    Last edited by greenman; 15-05-2014 at 10:48.

I know this is an old thread, but am hoping someone can help. I'm trying to understand the file naming used in ROMs.
    For Example I9195XXUCOL3
    This is an O2 ROM for the UK
    [ Login above or register to see download links. ]

I9195 - OK, that's fairly self explanatory

XXU - Region ? Are these defined anywhere?
    C - ? - This letter increments in the O2 ROM list on SAMMOBILE from A-C but does not seem to relate to month or year of release
    O - year of release
    L - month of release
    3 - Build number?

Thanks