Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Up and running!!

Quote Originally Posted by greenman View Post
    OK. Not as I expected but welcome for you.
    Just tried it on my S4.
    Flight Mode turns off mobile data, wifi etc.
    However, selecting wifi /bluetooth and they return. Just mobile data remains off.
    Thanks for pointing this change out.

Thanks, but why if turning on Airplane Mode AP Mode cuts off Cell Standby does Cell Standby still take the majority of the battery usage? Surely it should take very little or none at all!

Quote Originally Posted by schrodie View Post
    Thanks, but why if turning on Airplane Mode AP Mode cuts off Cell Standby does Cell Standby still take the majority of the battery usage? Surely it should take very little or none at all!
    Is that what is happening?
    Have you had the phone in Flight Mode before?
    From your post I thought you had just started using Flight Mode.
    Last edited by greenman; 11-05-2014 at 14:48.

It was at the top of the battery usage list of apps using the battery at 88%. See screenshot.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Cell Standby.jpg 
Views:	5 
Size:	87.5 KB 
ID:	6453

Quote Originally Posted by greenman View Post
    Is that what is happening?
    Have you had the phone in Flight Mode before?
    From your post I thought you had just started using Flight Mode.
    I haven't used Flight Mode on this Tablet before because this is the first time I've encountered this issue. In a previous life my Tablet was running on JB and was an N8010 now it's an N8000 since installing the N8000 firmware on it.

I haven't used Flight Mode on this Tablet before because this is the first time I've encountered this issue. In a previous life my Tablet was running on JB and was an N8010 now it's an N8000 since installing the N8000 firmware on it.
    Installing the n8000 firmware was not the best move - as you know.
    Your firmware is using an unusually large amount of energy searching for the nearest mobile mast. It cannot connect to the network (as you have no modem), but the software is programmed to make and maintain a connection. Flight Mode should resolve that.

Given that Samsung has decided not to roll out KK to the S3 and after talking to a Samsung salesperson in a Samsung store the other week about the roll out of KK to the N8010 2012 version she left me with no doubt that as the S3 the chance of the Note 10.1 2012 version getting KK was very remote! Hence my deciding to turn my N8010 into a schizophrenic Tablet!! After installing the current firmware (as compared to the previous one) I haven't lost any of the functions that were on the "old" N8010 I suppose the only differences no I'll have to keep an eye on the battery levels but that's no big deal as I generally plug everything in to their respective chargers at the end of the day.

However if Samsung do release KK for the Note 10.1 2012 I presume all I have to do is overwrite the N8000 firmware that's currently on this Tablet with the KK N8010 firmware?

Here's a question, if I didn't install the modem files when I installed the N8000 files why is this Tablet looking for a network? I only installed the BL, AP and CSC files

However if Samsung do release KK for the Note 10.1 2012 I presume all I have to do is overwrite the N8000 firmware that's currently on this Tablet with the KK N8010 firmware?
    We have had this converation before, and the answer is yes.

Here's a question, if I didn't install the modem files when I installed the N8000 files why is this Tablet looking for a network? I only installed the BL, AP and CSC files
    The modem is simply the facilitator to access the mobile network.
    The brains behind the instructions given to the modem come from the kernel.
    This was installed within the AP/PDA or android version.

The phone kernel is giving the instructions, but there is no modem to respond.
    But your kernel responds to this by giving it another instruction, and so it goes on.
    This is where your battery depletion is coming from.

I would have expected you to notice a rise in Note temperature.

Many thanks again for your time and patience.

If the Note bursts into flames whilst I'm using it I'll now know why!!!

Hopefully as you say putting the Note into Airplane Mode will negate most of these issues.