Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Up and running!!

Up and running!!

Further to my previous thread I just thought I'd let 'greenman' know that I downloaded the 4.4.2 version for the N8000 installed it over the Omni rom I had on my tablet and I now have all previous functions working i.e. SPen and Multiscreen plus the enhancements that comes with 4.4.2.

One interesting point to note was that I had to use an old version of Odin v 1.87 I think to get Odin to recognise the files! Using the updated version of Odin didn't work as that version wouldn't "see" the files...very odd!!

Thank you for letting us know.

Unlike usual convention, using the most recent Odin does not always work.
    I try 1.85 as a good alternative.

Can I just ask is there a way to disable the 'Cell Standby' function as that appears to be the most significant drain on the battery at the moment? It's a function that I really won't use as the tablet doesn't have the ability to make calls.

Thanks

The way it used to be done was to install Airplane Mode Modifier app:
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...+mode+modifier

This allowed you to select Airplane mode - disabling all data access - but then the app let you override airplane mode and select WiFi.

Samsung, again, interfered and blocked this feature.
    See the app details for alternative.

Thanks again. I'm not too sure if your last 2 sentences are saying that the the AMM app doesn't work now?

Quote Originally Posted by schrodie View Post
    Thanks again. I'm not too sure if your last 2 sentences are saying that the the AMM app doesn't work now?
    I'm afraid that is exactly what I am saying - thanks to Samsung changes in firmware after 4.2.

I have found details on the net that says Cell Standby can be turned off if Airplane Mode is turned on (on the Tablet). Is there any validity to this advice?

Thanks

I have found details on the net that says Cell Standby can be turned off if Airplane Mode is turned on (on the Tablet). Is there any validity to this advice?

Thanks
    That is valid, and is what I mentioned below.
    The problem is the airplane mode also turns off wifi. This is what the app used to work round by modifying the airplane mode.

I've turned Airplane Mode on (and presume it's on because there's a small plane icon at the top right hand side where the battery level is.) and WiFi is still on as I can access the Internet.

I've turned Airplane Mode on (and presume it's on because there's a small plane icon at the top right hand side where the battery level is.) and WiFi is still on as I can access the Internet.
    OK. Not as I expected but welcome for you.