Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Can't reinstall stock rom via Odin!!

Quote Originally Posted by schrodie [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    No luck again. Tried a different version of Odin.

Currently I have this version on my Tablet [ Login above or register to see download links. ] (which now behaves like a N8000 despite being an N8010!) On the whole it's not too bad despite despite loosing some SPen functions and the multi- window function.

My thoughts are if anything goes wrong it'll be nice to revert back to the original Stock ROM hence my downloading the original Stock ROM from SamMobile.
    We have had another post with this same problem.
    The firmware you have installed is kitkat.
    KitKat brought with it a locked bootloader to prevent any downgrading, so I would expect this Odin install to fail.

The solution will be to wait until your N8010 receives the KitKat update, and then install it.

As I said, there has been another post.
    I'll try and find the link

Ah the old locked bootloader ploy eh!!!!

So when or even if Samsung release KitKat for the N8010 presumably that version will be available on SamMobile and I'll be able to download it from SamMobile and just use Odin to revert back to the 'official N8010' KitKat version for the N8010?

Is it really the case that this is done by only installing one file the .tar.md5 file via Odin and that one file reverts the whole tablet back to the stock ROM?

Another thing that puzzles me is why my tablet is now showing that it's a Model N8000 when previously it was a Model 8010?

Thanks

Yes, samsung has taken advice from HTC/Apple et al. ........ Why???

When you install firmware you are changing the whole of the operating system.
    Luckily (for you) the N8000 fimware is identical to the N8010 apart from having additional firmware file for the modem.
    It is not surprising, therefore that the Tab now thinks it is an N8000.

When (and if) the N8010 gets 4.4.2 then install that, and the process is reversed.
    Now the Tab thinks it's an N8010 and so will display that.

Why indeed!!! So to revert back to get my N8010 back and all the SPen functions etc it's only a case of installing one file (the .tar.md5 file) from SamMobile via Odin?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by schrodie [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    Why indeed!!! So to revert back to get my N8010 back and all the SPen functions etc it's only a case of installing one file (the .tar.md5 file) from SamMobile via Odin?

Thanks
    As I said, the N8000 is identical to the N8010.
    Therefore if the N8010 KitKat firmware, when released, is the same Android PDA/AP version, then you will see no difference - including loss of SPen function.

Quote Originally Posted by greenman [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    As I said, the N8000 is identical to the N8010.
    Therefore if the N8010 KitKat firmware, when released, is the same Android PDA/AP version, then you will see no difference - including loss of SPen function.
    Really grateful for your help.

If you'll indulge me just a tad more then I promise to go What I'm still unsure and slightly apprehensive about is given what I currently have on my Note 10.1, when/if the official 4.4.2 version for the N8010 is released by Samsung and made available here on SamMobile I'm just intrigued as to just how by installing one file (the .tad.md5 file) everything I currently have on my Note 10.1 will be replaced with the official version of 4.4.2 for the N8010?

If I can get that clear in my head I'll rest happier!!

Really grateful for your help.

If you'll indulge me just a tad more then I promise to go What I'm still unsure and slightly apprehensive about is given what I currently have on my Note 10.1, when/if the official 4.4.2 version for the N8010 is released by Samsung and made available here on SamMobile I'm just intrigued as to just how by installing one file (the .tad.md5 file) everything I currently have on my Note 10.1 will be replaced with the official version of 4.4.2 for the N8010?

If I can get that clear in my head I'll rest happier!!
    It will simply be the reverse of what you have done by turning your N8010 into a pseudo N8000.

Perhaps this will explain better:
    The Sammobile firmware for the N8000 consists of 3 files.
    PDA/AP - the Android version (including model name)
    CSC - the customer software customisation - this puts the correct language on the tab.
    Modem - this provides the information to connect to the network.

Your N8010 can use the same PDA/AP and CSC as the N8000, as you have found.

Quote Originally Posted by greenman [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    It will simply be the reverse of what you have done by turning your N8010 into a pseudo N8000.

Perhaps this will explain better:
    The Sammobile firmware for the N8000 consists of 3 files.
    PDA/AP - the Android version (including model name)
    CSC - the customer software customisation - this puts the correct language on the tab.
    Modem - this provides the information to connect to the network.

Your N8010 can use the same PDA/AP and CSC as the N8000, as you have found.
    I'm very grateful for all your help but I think I'm getting more confused now.

Which part of my explanation is causing confusion?

Which part of my explanation is causing confusion?
    Ok. Before I downloaded [ Login above or register to see download links. ] my N8010 was running Jelly Bean, now it's running a variant of KitKat 4.4.2 but without the SPen and Multiscreen functionality. The tablet now "thinks" it's an N8000 and this is confirmed in the Settings menu.

Now, I understand that I cannot revert back to my old N8010 Jelly Bean firmware that's available here on SamMobile because of something called a locked bootloader I have currently on my N8000 (previously an N8010) therefore I will have to wait until there is an official release of KitKat 4.4.2 and it's made available here on SamMobile.

Now here's where I begin to get confused.

(Q1) When SamMobile provides the official KitKat 4.4.2 firmware for the N8010 how many files are there likely to be?

(Q2) I ask because when I downloaded the current JB firmware for the N8010 assuming I could downgrade back from KK to JB it only consisted of one file i.e. a .tad.md5 file

(Q3) Assuming that there will only be one file in the new KK 4.4.2 firmware here on SamMobile, a .tad.md5 file, will this file restore all the SPen and Multiscreen functionality that previously existed on my N8010 running on Jelly Bean. So is it just a case of swapping the current .tad.md5 file current installed in my tablet with the new .tad.md5 file when the official 4.4.2 for the N8010 is released.

I suppose the main question is what do I do when SamMobile releases the 4.4.2 version for the N8010?

It may help if you think of me as an idiot whe trying to expalin the above
    Last edited by schrodie; 07-05-2014 at 22:16.