Thread: Sprint Galaxy 3 7.0 Problem

Sprint Galaxy 3 7.0 Problem

I notice something wierd that might have to do with my tab not getting any service. Me and My mom have the same one except mine is black and hers is white. when she boots hers up the sprint boot animation display when i boot mine up, the samsung one only displays. has anybodu experience this before?

Your mom has Sprint firmware, together with branding on her Tab, while you have an 'open' non branded firmware.

If you install this app on both Tabs you will see the differences.
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...uyen.phoneinfo

Okay, that makes sense. I figured that was the problem, thank you for confirming it for me. Okay, I will download the app and check. How could this have happen though? we both go them from sprint and mine didn't have the sprint firmware and the branding while hers did. Because of this though My tab gets no service at all and no mobile network.
    I think i will download the sprint firmware from here and flash it to my device. Everyone else that I look only has the open firmware, even on XDA, they say its sprint but its not the sprint firmware its the open and unbranded one.

Thanks again for your help.

How did it happen?
    Laziness or perhaps just error.
    The phone's will arrive at Sprint unbranded. Some tech failed to install the branded firmware.

Shouldn't stop you from getting network, but the lack of Access Point Names would.
    You will find these in Menu > Settings > Mobile networks > Access Point Names.
    Either copy then save your mom's settings, or go online to the Sprint site and see if the APN is there.

Okay, Thank you so much for all the help!