Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Gear 2 and Runtastic

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Gear 2 and Runtastic

As a keen runner and cyclist I was excited by the release of teh Samsung Gear 2, especially when I read the [ Login above or register to see download links. ] stating that the Runtastic app was already available. This is not correct according to the Samsung Apps, and hasn't been since. I contacted the makers of Runtastic, who replied this morning telling me that there is no release date for it. This also seems to be the case for most of the apps listed in that press release.

There is a massive lack of apps for Gear 2 at present and it doesn't seem to be changing particularly quickly. I'd postpone buying this device if I'd known, but there you go.

Quote Originally Posted by duncanbatchelor [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    As a keen runner and cyclist I was excited by the release of teh Samsung Gear 2, especially when I read the [ Login above or register to see download links. ] stating that the Runtastic app was already available. This is not correct according to the Samsung Apps, and hasn't been since. I contacted the makers of Runtastic, who replied this morning telling me that there is no release date for it. This also seems to be the case for most of the apps listed in that press release.

There is a massive lack of apps for Gear 2 at present and it doesn't seem to be changing particularly quickly. I'd postpone buying this device if I'd known, but there you go.

hm really? that is kind of weird, as I've seen a video-review and the guy who made that video did show the runtastic app for Gear 2

Quote Originally Posted by duncanbatchelor [ Login above or register to see download links. ]

hm really? that is kind of weird, as I've seen a video-review and the guy who made that video did show the runtastic app for Gear 2

Hello. One more here. Bought Gear 2 Neo and thought (now I see, wrongly) that would exist more support from the major software tracking makers (i.e. Runstatic, Runkeeper, Endomondo... anyone) from the beginning. I guess now that those are waiting and checking for the public adherence to the watch and thus, decide if is affordable to support it or not. Now I have two concerns: First, I could have bought something that will die on the beginning for lack of tizen support from the major tracking software houses. Second, if I should not worry with the first concern; I wonder when the support will come. Let's see what May will bring us because I just love my gear 2 Neo.

Regards,

OC

I like the galaxy Feat, I find it more elegant than the Gear, but I wonder if the system is Android or not.

Last edited by adibo2; 09-06-2020 at 23:55.

Review of the Gear 2, Gear 2 Neo and gear Fit:

[ Login above or register to see download links. ]

the gear 2 better than fit

Thank you.

Question

my wife gave me as a preset a Gear 2 Neo. I use runtastic 4 times a week when I go mountain biking. I installed the app on my Neo but when I run it I just get this...

[ Login above or register to see download links. ]

and that's it... it just stays there... I contacted the runtastic support email that they have on the samsung gear apps section but i just got an automatic email response.

Does anyone have this problem with the Neo? I have a Samsung Galaxy S4 running Android 4.3

i have this problem too want solution