Login or Join
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Looking Galaxy Ace stock 2.3.4 rom from Koodo mobile Canada... please help...:(

Looking Galaxy Ace stock 2.3.4 rom from Koodo mobile Canada... please help...:(

someone... please help me... i can't use my phone... i need to install the stock rom... please help...

I could try to help if you show me the steps.

Quote Originally Posted by b0riss [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    someone... please help me... i can't use my phone... i need to install the stock rom... please help...

I too could benefit from regaining the original rom from the koodo ace phone.
    How do we copy from an existing phone? I have another phone that I could borrow if I
    had the tools.

FS

Found a link to the Koodo stock ROM
    [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    Pass: sampro.pl

I'm also looking for the koodo stock ROM. The ROM from the link is the Telus stock ROM. I don't want to unlock my phone. Maybe someone know where to download the KDO and not the TLS.

Quote Originally Posted by crime2 [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    I'm also looking for the koodo stock ROM. The ROM from the link is the Telus stock ROM. I don't want to unlock my phone. Maybe someone know where to download the KDO and not the TLS.
    Its a multi-csc rom meaning same. Rom is for both carriers. what I did was flash stock file with Odin. I got stuck in bootloop so did battery pull and booted into recovery and wipe data and cache. Reboot then wait for everything to load up. Now get your imei number by going into phone and entering *#06# write this down(only the first 15 digets), now ho back into phone and enter *#272*Device IMEI# and choose koodo. Eg.. *#272*919191919191919#

Quote Originally Posted by spider9909 [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    Its a multi-csc rom meaning same. Rom is for both carriers. what I did was flash stock file with Odin. I got stuck in bootloop so did battery pull and booted into recovery and wipe data and cache. Reboot then wait for everything to load up. Now get your imei number by going into phone and entering *#06# write this down(only the first 15 digets), now ho back into phone and enter *#272*Device IMEI# and choose koodo. Eg.. *#272*919191919191919#
    after this do I need to unroot it again ang unlock the phone to use with another carrier? can I use the same procedure when I unlock it the first time?

My ace was rooted and unlocked, worked well for about a week.
    But the display for other languages has some problem, so I searched a while and I get into the root , and downloaded the \sys\font\droidsans.ttf file. for the font display.
    may be the file can not be renamed, so it ends like a .copy.ttf ,but I didn't notice and I deleted the original droidsans.ttf.
    then I reboot,but the secreen just locked on the samsung page then can not proceed.

what can I do now? I backed the original ttf file on SD card.

Please help

thanks

Grabbed the ROM from the reference site. Many thanks. Here is my problem. Did a full backup with Titanium to the SD card, so the orginal ROM and data should be there. When I use the boot manager to restore the system (after mod'ing it to Cyanogen 7.2 and only then realizing I need the original firmware to unlock the phone) everything works, except I get a final error, /sd-ext mount failed. Rebooting the system the phone hangs at the Samsung Galaxy Ace splash screen. So was wondering, Im on linux not windows. I have the orignal ROM now from the reference above and the boot manager works. How should I proceed to clean this phone back to its original state.

Best regards and many thanks

/ch

The boot manager installed is ClockworkModRecovery v4.0.0.9 and its still working so I should be good to work on the phone. Further advice would be greatly appreciated.

/ch