Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Hard bricked Rogers SGH- i747m OTA 4.3

Hard bricked Rogers SGH- i747m OTA 4.3

First issue it soft bricked on reboot, that was Revived with Odin and stock 4.3 PDA file,
    Days later playing a game it was hot, black screened, when plugged in showed battery charge screen once, now only red led with battery removed. USB connected to computer pops up "QHSUSB-DLOAD" no driver

after reading ... reading... Its not even my phone thinking It needs a "SD debrick.img" for "Rogers i747m"
    so I can get to download mode again and start Odin again? or send it out (Ontario Canada anyone?) Jtag
    I bought two of these since first problem (one had bad USB port, replaced, now only power part of port works) other has the blue Dude inside, So now what? Does anyone have a boot to download mode SD card file.

P.S. I even made up a jig thingy, no go, it did work on the other one

Sorry to hear your problem, and not an easy one to recover from.

As you have done lots of reading you may have come up on this link - but posting just in case you haven't:

[ Login above or register to see download links. ]

And there it is. well I hope it is
    I remember seeing that one before, but the title must have thrown me off.
    there is a working link there for what seems to be the .img I need

Thanks greenman
    Now I will have to get a 32 gig sd card and try it out.

Thinking now I should finish reading all posts there, I'll be back....
    Last edited by polycoatca; 13-04-2014 at 15:54.

I got a 32 GIG card, the first img boots the phone into a "BOOT RECOVERY MODE" that fails
    then ODIN MODE with info including "SYSTEM STATUS: NONE"
    so I tried to Revive with Odin and stock 4.3 PDA file, it FAILED with a no "PIT" error

If anyone can direct me from here (read about installing TWRP from ODIN is that the way to go? no can find it)
    then "Revive with Odin and stock 4.3 PDA" or is there a "PIT" fix? I seem to recall reading about ODIN PIT error before somewhere???????? what happened??????????????????????????????????????HELP me get my life back.......................... smoke signal's anyone, I know its not a green alternative.

P.S. my jig does the same at first then goes into "FACTORY MODE"
    Last edited by polycoatca; 18-04-2014 at 20:03.

This link with a download to rapidgator 4.3 firmware, suggest that it includes a PIT file.
    Without downloading and opening I cannot tell you if that is correct, but if it is, follow the instructions given.
    If, when you set up Odin, a PIT file does not appear, then abandon the process.

Another link here is for the SGH 747M with a further link to what is a Toolbox of possible solutions.

In your case I was drawn to the

However, I am a little concerned over the compatability of SGH-I747 Vs SGH-I747M

Good luck

Sorry,, missed the rapidgator link:

Well I tried the file and no magical popping up PIT file
    after more reading I believe the pit file has to be signed, therefore only a back up from my phone can be restored
    So its off to Toronto for a jtag repair. then a one way trip back to the owner

Happy Easter Everyone,
    I'm hopping on my next go round to have a brain upgrade, no gadgets required.

here is the latest info from jtag repair attempt: (looks like owner is getting a parts phone/paper weight back)
    (yes the phone was a "refurbished in Canada" branded replacement)

Dear polycoatca,

I have received the phone and opened it up to apply jtag and find out one screw is missing and wifi antenna is broken(socket solder off the board) ,I believe the phone is refurbish or someone else tried to fix it before.
    it seems your phone has hardware problem ,I applied the jtag,it can recognize the phone,but can't access/write data to eMMC and internal RAM IC's which means your main board can't be repaired by jtag because eMMC IC is broken or locked(to the best of my knowledge your motherboard needs to be replaced).
    would you please give me information about the phone like,what android version was on the phone?how it get bricked?was it because of flashing wrong rom or it was hardware problem like suddenly stopped working?
    Regards,

There are some real scammers out there.
    Took me 3 attempts to purchase a Note 3 on eBay.
    Then during network unlocking, found the seller took out a contract, then didn't pay.

As a result, in 3 months time, the network would have blacklisted the phone. I would have an extensive paperweight and the seller my money.

Luckily, I sussed it and returned under eBay buyer guarantee.

It's shark infested waters out there.

sir i downloaded 4.4.2 rom from sammobile.com and flashed it with mobile odin everything was cool it installed sucessfully but my sim was not detected so i reebooted it but nothing happened instead it was hard bricked so i request you to give a debrick file for 4.4.2 as 4.3 debrick file does nothing for me thanks in advance waiting for ur reply