Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Samsung tab 311 bought in china, change the firmware?

Samsung tab 311 bought in china, change the firmware?

Hi everyone,

I bought a samsung tab 311 in China and the android os is designed for chinese customers, all google apps are prohibited so I dont have any google play nor anything else... Quiet frustrating since they did not warn me.

I wanted to know if simply put one of the firmware available on the website, do I have any risk of bricking the device and do I have a way to prevent it? Or to loose the warranty (since the firmwares are said to be official ones)? How can do any backup?

Also, isn't there a kind of a international or european rom?

Thank you for your help
    Last edited by anthony239; 18-03-2014 at 07:27.

Hi
    enter *#1234# and write down your device sw information so we can help you
    Or use below apps for getting informations:
    [ Login above or register to see download links. ]

Ok, so here are the details:
    AP : T311ZCUANA1
    CP : T311ZCUANA1
    CSC : T311CHNANA1

Thanks

There are many firmwares for your device in FW Page,
    but as we experienced before, Samsung locked down some of CHINA bootloaders that prevent users of changing region and making that may cause damage to your device (but just in some)
    so , if you wanna take risk , just download firmware and use ODIN to flash your device
    if stopped or had problem , return back to a china rom and will be OK (also don't forget to post result)

You mean if I DON'T wanna take risk, right?

What do you mean by being unable of changing region? What are the consequences of it? Even if I put another rom which would would allow me to download the google apps, I could still not be able to do so because I could still not change my region?

By using Odin, I can still restore the default rom if it do not work?

These Chinese derived devices can be tricky to work on, and your best next stop is to this XDA developers site.

Root your phone and remove bloatware, then keep an eye open for a custom rom to install.

Ok, I have rooted the tablet following this tuto:

I have tried to install the rom available on the website but every time I load them on Odin, i get this message:"md5 error! Binary is invalid". In the message displaying in Odin, its also written:"MD5 hash value is invalid".

And how to remove bloatware???

So now, i have installed CWM and the tablet is rooted but still, I cannot find any valid rom on the website, any help plz?

I get this message when trying to load the rom on odin:"MD5 hash value is invalid"

Quote Originally Posted by anthony239 [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    So now, i have installed CWM and the tablet is rooted but still, I cannot find any valid rom on the website, any help plz?

I get this message when trying to load the rom on odin:"MD5 hash value is invalid"
    Take a look at this link:

Ok, thanks for the link,

But still, I am a beginner and there are things I dont get in all those tutos, and I dont wanna mess up the tablet trying to figure out on my own...

I hvent even started yet and I already find myself blocked...
    There are 2 versions in the download link, which one to get??? 6 or 6.1
    Step 2: place the rom in ur sd card or wherever. I dont have any SD card yet, so whats wherever and how to get there???
    Step 7: what is reboot to rom?? I know reboot in download mode and recovery mode, i never heard of this reboot now....