Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Samsung GALAXY SIII lte (Vodacom) update to firmware 4.3 problem.

Unhappy Samsung GALAXY SIII lte (Vodacom) update to firmware 4.3 problem.

Hello there,

I have purchased Samsung GALAXY SIII lte version which is unlocked but branded by VODACOM (South Africa). While every other phones are getting the Android 4.3 on their devices, I have not gotten it yet. I am quite tensed though. I live in Bangladesh as a matter of fact so if they release the update for BD will I get it?
    So should I wait for the update?
    Or, should I update via Odin?
    Also if Samsung release Android 4.4 for my S3 will I be able to get it OTA if I flash it with Odin?
    If I decide to flash it with Odin which firmware should I use?
    Please help me out.

Your help shall be appreciated.
    Thanks.

Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mehedi Al Zubran [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    Hello there,

I have purchased Samsung GALAXY SIII lte version which is unlocked but branded by VODACOM (South Africa). While every other phones are getting the Android 4.3 on their devices, I have not gotten it yet. I am quite tensed though. I live in Bangladesh as a matter of fact so if they release the update for BD will I get it?
    Also if Samsung release Android 4.4 for my S3 will I be able to get it OTA if I flash it with Odin?
    Please help me out.

Thanks.
    Hi mate,
    Update will not be to Kitkat 4.4.2 for S3.
    Bebrand Your phone this is not the problem because installs every open rom already debrand your phone but I have the problem as to help You in the choice rom for Bangladesh, this is the unknown region for me but as you know what you need rom I will help You this willingly and Odin will be the best here.
    I think that he will be suitable for Sri Lanka but I am not certain on 100%

Best regards
    Last edited by Dychowski; 14-03-2014 at 20:04.

Quote Originally Posted by Dychowski [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    Hi mate,
    Update will not be to Kitkat 4.4.2 for S3.
    Bebrand Your phone this is not the problem because installs every open rom already debrand your phone but I have the problem as to help You in the choice romu for Bangladesh, this is the unknown region for me but as you know what you need rom I will help You this willingly and Odin will be the best here.
    I think that he will be suitable for Sri Lanka but I am not certain on 100%

Best regards
    Thank You for your reply. I decided to flash my phone using ODIN.
    [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    This is the link I'm going to use to flash it. I wanted to make sure that will all my data be wiped if I do this? Is there anyway to keep the data intact just by flashing it only. Please help

Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mehedi Al Zubran [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    Thank You for your reply. I decided to flash my phone using ODIN.
    This is the link I'm going to use to flash it. I wanted to make sure that will all my data be wiped if I do this? Is there anyway to keep the data intact just by flashing it only. Please help
    Before you will make flash I recommend , please make wipe data and wipe cache but you will lose all data.
    To clean up phone before flash for the safety better.

Best regards

I wanted to make sure that will all my data be wiped if I do this? Is there anyway to keep the data intact just by flashing it only. Please help
    Yes it will be wiped and you should assume it would be wiped when installing new firmware with a new EFS.
    No there is no safe way of keeping data intact whilst flashing.
    You should make a backup of your contacts, music , videos e.t.c before flashing and keep the backup on your P.C
    Always re-install apps but make sure they are compatible with the new firmware before flashing/installing.

Premium Member
    Good evening samsungfozzy :-), thanks for help :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Dychowski [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    Good evening samsungfozzy :-), thanks for help :-)
    Your welcome

Hello there,

Please help me out.

Thanks.
    If I was you I would wait a little longer for the update
    It is unusual for a branded firmware to be unlocked
    Who unlocked it and how was it unlocked ?
    Always becareful when flashing firmware for a different region from the original firmware, it could re-lock your phone.

Quote Originally Posted by samsungfozzy [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    If I was you I would wait a little longer for the update
    It is unusual for a branded firmware to be unlocked
    Who unlocked it and how was it unlocked ?
    Always becareful when flashing firmware for a different region from the original firmware, it could re-lock your phone.
    Well I think SAMSUNG released both contracted and contract free version of the Galaxy S3 for Vodacom just by branding it for people to get their prepaid plans or something. It was unlocked out of the box as I purchased it myself. I dont think that a factory reset will unbrand the phone or something like that. I also found an unlocked phone to be branded rather unusual. I want to flash it using the brand free firmware of Germany. I read many threads which said it to be successful. Could you please elaborate on what you mean by relocking the phone? And can you clear out that if for example I flash it with Odin, and if any other firmware update come to the newest firmware that I flashed in that country for that particular firmware, will i get the update via kies or OTA?

Thanks
    Last edited by Mehedi Al Zubran; 15-03-2014 at 16:39.

Premium Member
    Well I think SAMSUNG released both contracted and contract free version of the Galaxy S3 for Vodacom just by branding it for people to get their prepaid plans or something. It was unlocked out of the box as I purchased it myself. I dont think that a factory reset will unbrand the phone or something like that. I also found an unlocked phone to be branded rather unusual. I want to flash it using the brand free firmware of Germany. I read many threads which said it to be successful. Could you please elaborate on what you mean by relocking the phone? And can you clear out that if for example I flash it with Odin, and if any other firmware update come to the newest firmware that I flashed in that country for that particular firmware, will i get the update via kies or OTA?

Thanks
    If you alter firmware in your mobile on the different region, you will alter product code and more but if you want to alter firmware on Germany, then the problem is not and we will help You in this.

How do this ? this exactly simple :-) have a look on printscreen :
    Last edited by Dychowski; 15-03-2014 at 16:49.