Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Samsung GALAXY SIII lte (Vodacom) update to firmware 4.3 problem.

Quote Originally Posted by samsungfozzy [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    Returning to old firmware after a major format change (EFS) is where things start to get problematic and where you can lose your IMEI, serial # and network coverage.

It will not be possible to degrade using Kies, Kies would put the old firmware back on there but the phone will not have a network coverage so no you cannot successfully degrade using Kies.

The only way's this can be done is by rooting the phone now before any upgrade and taking a nandroid backup (EFS backup) or extracting the PIT file.

You can search on sammobile on how to do this, super moderator greenman has covered this subject sooooo mannnny timmmmes all in the S3 section too just have a read through it

You can have a search on google to understand this better, there are so many ways to achieve but here is one;
    [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    Thanks. Im downloading the file of Germany ROM now. Can I be sure I wont be losing my network connection after flashing it?

Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mehedi Al Zubran [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    Thanks. Im downloading the file of Germany ROM now. Can I be sure I wont be losing my network connection after flashing it?
    Nobody will give You such guarantee, this sorry is not servis and forum :-).
    We know what and so as we know we help but we are not able to foresee all.