Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Samsung GALAXY SIII lte (Vodacom) update to firmware 4.3 problem.

Factory reset will only restore the phone to how it started life with that particular firmware installed on the phone at that time, so if it is original firmware thats what it will go to.

re-locking = means the phone will re-lock to a specific sim, so phone will only work for example VODACOM South Africa.

We have no way of telling if or how your phone is unlocked, only VODACOM South Africa can do that. You can put other provider sim's in and if they work then your phone is unlocked but we do not know how (provider unlocked or software unlocked).

You have to be aware that installing Firmware can re-lock the phone unless you know how it has been unlocked (example unlocked by VODACOM South Africa).

If it is properly unlocked you can install any firmware you like for the GT-I9300

If you flash a firmware from a different version/region than your currently installed version you will not receive any more updates from KIES and void any warranty you may have left, all your updates will have to be done manually by Odin.
    Last edited by samsungfozzy; 15-03-2014 at 17:26.

Premium Member
    Exactly so and you have to know one still....you will lose all data and all you do on own responsibility, own risk :-)

The Android 4.3 update can be installed on any unlocked Galaxy S3 GT-I9300, regardless of the country and region. Those who missed the OTA update notification and those who cannot access the latest update over KIES for some reason, can install the same manually using our step-by-step guide by Dychowski :-) or samsungfozzy :-)
    Last edited by Dychowski; 15-03-2014 at 17:26.

Quote Originally Posted by Dychowski [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    Exactly so and you have to know one still....you will lose all data and all you do on own responsibility, own risk :-)

The Android 4.3 update can be installed on any unlocked Galaxy S3 GT-I9300, regardless of the country and region. Those who missed the OTA update notification and those who cannot access the latest update over KIES for some reason, can install the same manually using our step-by-step guide by Dychowski :-) or samsungfozzy :-)
    Exactly !!
    On any correctly unlocked phone
    Please avoid OTA
    Always prefer USB Kies update and wired network.
    Last edited by samsungfozzy; 15-03-2014 at 17:37.

Premium Member
    My opinion is already probably everywhere well-known :-) - Please avoid Kies :-)

Good Lord ! thanks for Odin :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Dychowski [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    My opinion is already probably everywhere well-known :-) - Please avoid Kies :-)

Good Lord ! thanks for Odin :-)
    Understood my friend what ever suits your needs

But I would like to point out that if Kies cannot access the internet it therefore cannot connect to the Official Samsung Database.

Also if Kies cannot communicate with the phone that means there is a inherent problem that needs sorting before any flashing with either Kies or Odin as they use the the same official Samsung drivers!!!

If you have a good Kies working you will have a good Odin

Most problems with Kies is the user USB and Internet connections, which Kies can do nothing about !!! the software it self is good

Premium Member
    If you have a good Kies working you will have a good Odin
    Not necessarily :-) If you have this driver usb and Odin will be good :-)

Thank You for your reply guys,

I want a final verdict though as in to wait for the update or should I flash it in with Odin.
    [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    Please check this link out by SAMMOBILE which shows all the firmwares released and are available. I don't see VODACOM brand anywhere, just the VODAFONE brand of South Africa. So does it mean Vodacom will not update S3 anymore? It is also rather eccentric to find Vodacom brand in an unlocked phone. So please analyse the situation and give me a verdict. I connected it with Kies which shows that I have the latest firmware, although its still in Android 4.1.2. Can you please tell me how to tell how to find the exact serial number of my phone as in to see if my phone is original or not. And if you finalize that I update via Odin can you put in links to walk me through.
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Mehedi Al Zubran [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    Thank You for your reply guys,

I want a final verdict though as in to wait for the update or should I flash it in with Odin.
    Please check this link out by SAMMOBILE which shows all the firmwares released and are available. I don't see VODACOM brand anywhere, just the VODAFONE brand of South Africa. So does it mean Vodacom will not update S3 anymore? It is also rather eccentric to find Vodacom brand in an unlocked phone. So please analyse the situation and give me a verdict. I connected it with Kies which shows that I have the latest firmware, although its still in Android 4.1.2. Can you please tell me how to tell how to find the exact serial number of my phone as in to see if my phone is original or not. And if you finalize that I update via Odin can you put in links to walk me through.
    Thanks
    OK before going any further download and install this and post back the screenshots please

After you have done post #18 do this yourself and post back the screenshot

You do not need to have your phone turned on or plugged in to the computer, just take the battery out until you have finished and Screenshot please

1, remove battery from the phone and DO NOT PUT BACK IN for the remainder of these instructions
    2, underneath the battery on the phone is the imei# and serial#
    3, you need the serial# and leave the battery out for this task
    4, now start Kies that is on your P.C and make sure you have a internet connection
    5, from the menu bar go to Tools and select firmware upgrade and initialization
    6, enter the model GT-I9300 (make sure its CAPITALS GT-I)
    7, enter serial# (CAPITALS again)
    8, press OK to initalize (dont worry you should not have a battery in )
    9, this will now give you the string = Initialised version PDA:*** / PHONE:*** / CSC:*** (***) this is what we want to see
    10, now take a screenshot and post back here.

Also try a number of different provider sims