Page 25 of 26 FirstFirst ... 1523242526 LastLast

Thread: Bada 2.0 Rom - S8500XXKK5/S8500OXAKK5 out now

XXKK5 more unstable

XXKK5 is more unstable than last FW. A lot more crashes for me. For example (not always) when starting Plants VS Zombies, when battery low, and some other random times.

Guys plz tell me how to increase the earphone volume in bada 2.0.... The *#197328640# --> 5 --> 2 --> 2 --> 1 thing just doesn't work in XXKK5 or XXKK7!! And the stock 58dB just isnt enough 4 me!

this firmware is definitely real BAD.

- my battery drains way fast, around 30% per day while i just make around 3 calls per day, 1 minute each
    - my widgets keep disappearing
    - can't define the main number for a contact
    - can't remove widget pages, lots of blank pages
    - can't unlock the phone with any key

i want to ask you guys, to PLEASE point me to a firmware that has good battery consumption, that's the main thing i need on the wave.
    thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by cachirro View Post
    this firmware is definitely real BAD.

- my battery drains way fast, around 30% per day while i just make around 3 calls per day, 1 minute each
    - my widgets keep disappearing
    - can't define the main number for a contact
    - can't remove widget pages, lots of blank pages
    - can't unlock the phone with any key

i want to ask you guys, to PLEASE point me to a firmware that has good battery consumption, that's the main thing i need on the wave.
    thanks.
    Dude i guess something went wrong with your flashing procedure. I'm on KK5. Widgets are in place (I even installed some new ones), homescreen pages can be removed by pinching out and then deleting them, and the default no for a contact is set by long-pressing that number.

As for the battery issue, yes, i'm with u.

Yea, battery backup's very bad.... the battery percentage indicator is not precise. Also, we miss the any key unlock feature.
    But some of the observations don't seem correct.
    1. Widgets do stay in place
    2. Default no for contact is set by long-pressing the number.
    3. homescreen pages can be deleted by pinch-zoomin d screen and removing the unwanted ones.

Quote Originally Posted by Tweak90 View Post
    nice to hear
    oh come on Tweak90, this dude is just exaggerating! its WAVE not GALAXY S2!!!

dose these FW is the newest or the XPKJ1 is the last ?

i need it in arabic

Administrator
    look in custom-rom section for arabic language!

Quote Originally Posted by Shix View Post
    dose these FW is the newest or the XPKJ1 is the last ?
    XXKK7 is the latest one.

Hi,

I was wondering if someone could explain a little bit about the relationship between hardware and firmware. Some posts I have seen seem to indicate that it is okay to install firmware from a different region or country, and others seem to indicate this risks bricking the phone.

I'm sure many can contribute various factors involved, which I'd be interested to see, but I'm also specifically interested in 3G bands. The way I see it, there are 3 scenarios:

1) The hardware supports all bands, but local firmware limits the selection to the correct bands for the region/country.

2) The firmware supports all bands, but the regional hardware limits available selections.

3) Both the hardware and firmware are region specific, meaning that mixing hardware and firmware can result in a phone with no 3G access.

In my particular case, I am using a Bell Mobility S8500M in Thailand. 3G is not in my area yet, so this is anticipatory preparation. The options available here are AIS at 900 MHz, TOT at 1900 or 2100, and True at 850 with 2100 due soon, so I am not particularly pressed by the band options. But I am concerned when I run Kies and get this message:

This version of the device cannot be updated.

Current firmware version: S8500MUGJF5/S8500MBMCJF5 (BMC)

Any insights into my questions and issues would be appreciated.

Thanks.