Thread: N9005 - Tim Italy 4.3 ---> 4.4.2 Cosmote Romania?

Lightbulb N9005 - Tim Italy 4.3 ---> 4.4.2 Cosmote Romania?

Hello! My name is Catalin, I'm from Romania. I bought last week my new Samsung Galaxy Note III (N9005) from Italy(TIM). The phone came with Android 4.3 and KNOX installed. My new phone is unlocked and unrooted.
    I want to do the update to Android 4.4.2, but I don't know what firmware to install because for Italy(TIM) the last version of fw is 4.3.
    My mobile operator is Cosmote, this is the SIM in the phone.
    What firmware version may I instal? If I will install firmware for Romania(COSMOTE) which is 4.4.2 i will brick my phone, or will I lose my Knox warranty?

The version of my phone data as *#1234# are:
    AP: N9005XXUDMJ7
    CP:N9005XXUDMJ7
    CSC: N9005TIMDMK2

Thank you!
    Last edited by ktagog; 06-03-2014 at 23:44. Reason: forget question

Premium Member
    Hello Catalin, Is Catalin the name girl, boy ? :-)

Do you know, that as you will install Kitkat this 4.4.2 you do not have the return to Android 4.3 any more ?, do you know that you can not do root because the flag Knox will change on 0 x1 ?
    You will install only rom open that is official Samsung, the flag Knox will not change and be 0 x0 :-)
    Last edited by Dychowski; 07-03-2014 at 00:06.

Hello Mr. Dychowski! Offtopic, I am boy, the name for girls is Catalina .
    Ontopic: I want to keep the phone exactly as I bought, just bought an S-View Cover and because my phone is 32Gb, I also bought an 32 gb SD Card from Sandisk, optimized for Android phones. I need this space because I am photographer

I just want to update my Android SO from 4.3 to 4.4.2. . Should wait for my tim italy firmware update or may I install other firmware ? Which firmare to install? Romania Cosmote COA is ok? or my Knox will set flag to 0x1? Sorry if I put a lot of questions, but I want to keep my warranty.

Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ktagog [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    Hello Mr. Dychowski! Offtopic, I am boy, the name for girls is Catalina .
    Ontopic: I want to keep the phone exactly as I bought, just bought an S-View Cover and because my phone is 32Gb, I also bought an 32 gb SD Card from Sandisk, optimized for Android phones. I need this space because I am photographer

I just want to update my Android SO from 4.3 to 4.4.2. . Should wait for my tim italy firmware update or may I install other firmware ? Which firmare to install? Romania Cosmote COA is ok? or my Knox will set flag to 0x1? Sorry if I put a lot of questions, but I want to keep my warranty.
    This is your rom, Romania Cosmote - This is branded rom, Knox wiil be 0x0 because this original firmware Samsung.

[ Login above or register to see download links. ]

Galaxy Note 3 (Snapdragon) SM-N9005 COA N9005XXUENA7 Android 4.4.2 11.01.2014 348029

Will be you install only rom open that is official Samsung, the flag Knox will not change and be 0 x0 :-)

What rom to install, then you have to already choose alone :-), I do not like rom branding, only open :-)

I will now install Romania COA rom! Thanks a lot, Mr Dychowski, for your help!

I forget you to answer, Will I be available to OTA update after installing this rom, or KIES?
    Please, also, tell me what odin should I use?! Thank you a lot
    Last edited by ktagog; 07-03-2014 at 01:35.

Premium Member
    Tomorrow colleague greenman this question will answer because I do not use neither Kies and OTA :-)

Odin 3.09.

Good night :-)

Quote Originally Posted by ktagog [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    I will now install Romania COA rom! Thanks a lot, Mr Dychowski, for your help!

I forget you to answer, Will I be available to OTA update after installing this rom, or KIES?
    Please, also, tell me what odin should I use?! Thank you a lot
    You will not get Kies or OTA updates because you have changed your firmware country and it will not match your phone Product Code.

When TIM gets 4.4.2 (or higher) you can install and return your Kies/OTA updates.

Install this app to get this and more information on your phone:

[ Login above or register to see download links. ]