Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Kitkat for nordics note 3?

Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by greenman [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    Go ahead.
    Do you want to make a separate post.
    If needed I will edit your post, lock it and make a sticky so easily found. OK?
    I have the better idea ;-), I will write in the section PREMIUM and we will write this together, I will write and You will improve English and give in the suitable section then ;-), must be guide perfect ;-)

OK
    Last edited by greenman; 09-03-2014 at 12:05.

Hmm.. So I'll also pick the German version.. Thats probably the only way forward..

Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by deeanil [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    Hmm.. So I'll also pick the German version.. Thats probably the only way forward..
    Not only one... but this is one from the option ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by Dychowski [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    Not only one... but this is one from the option ;-)
    I meant flashing a different region firmware is the only way forward..

Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by deeanil [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    Exactly so my friend, we can not wait for the mercy Samsung... update will give this Kies, OTA or he will not give...fa... this, flashing to we lov Odin ;-)
    We paid for mobile a lot of and want to have the always newest firmware ;-)
    Fa.... Kies and OTA, and love Odin and... the newest firmware ;-)
    Last edited by Dychowski; 10-03-2014 at 12:27.

I have never done this before.. Do you have a user guide for me please??? I have played around with my very old HTC Desire a couple of years back but then I wasn't worried about bricking it.. The Note 3 it means a lot more you see...

Premium Member
    The Note 3 it means a lot more you see...
    I know but please see this:
    [ Login above or register to see download links. ]

I write many guides on Samsung ;-), I have Note 2 , Note 3 and more and testing all and after write guide and I know on this subject a bit ;-).
    However I do not use neither Kiesss neither OTA ;-).
    That is why I wrote You that I could You help but in Odin not Kies, greenman in Kies will help ;-) this is specjalist not I ;-)
    I know I know that this Polish but I will translate for You ;-)
    I would like to my guides helped and members on Sammobile but I have to translate this on English...
    Last edited by Dychowski; 10-03-2014 at 12:45.

Only way forward??
    Samsung and sammobile recommend that you use Kies or OTA for your updates.
    That way you will receive OTA updates and Kies will provide updates when available.

It is not the only way to update your phone, though, as there are other firmware install methods.

Odin installer
    - will install stock Samsung firmware, and providing your phone is not locked, then almost any N9005 firmware.
    I say 'almost any' because the Note3 has brought in security measures that are making changing firmware this way more difficult.

Also, KitKat is bringing in varied installation sized packages. This is important as before the firmware can be installed the system partition (section of the memory where the firmware is installed) may have to be partitioned.
    Previous versions of samsung phones did not need this and it was generally recommended not to use partition files unless your phone was in a terminal state.

My personal opinion is that the cost of the Note 3 is too much to risk any procedure but Kies/OTA updates.

Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by greenman [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    Only way forward??
    Samsung and sammobile recommend that you use Kies or OTA for your updates.
    That way you will receive OTA updates and Kies will provide updates when available.

It is not the only way to update your phone, though, as there are other firmware install methods.

Odin installer
    - will install stock Samsung firmware, and providing your phone is not locked, then almost any N9005 firmware.
    I say 'almost any' because the Note3 has brought in security measures that are making changing firmware this way more difficult.

Also, KitKat is bringing in varied installation sized packages. This is important as before the firmware can be installed the system partition (section of the memory where the firmware is installed) may have to be partitioned.
    Previous versions of samsung phones did not need this and it was generally recommended not to use partition files unless your phone was in a terminal state.

My personal opinion is that the cost of the Note 3 is too much to risk any procedure but Kies/OTA updates.
    My personal opinion is : I love the democracy, what every one does want, one like OTA and Kies different love Odin ;-)
    but I agree that Samsung introduced difficulties in Kitkat ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by Dychowski [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    My personal opinion is : I love the democracy, what every one does want, one like OTA and Kies different love Odin ;-)
    Exactly
    We give the choices and the member decides.

In the stock market we would be the Bull and the Bear. LOL