Thread: Problem with the contacts on S3 (Android 4.3)

Problem with the contacts on S3 (Android 4.3)

I have this problem for a month now (after it updated to 4.3) on my Galaxy S3... Some of my contacts from the Device list just disappear. If I'm lucky I can find them in the SIM or in my Google account (thank god I finally decide to sync after the 3rd time it happend, not a fan of syncing thou) and bring them back to the device list. So i suggest it happens when I connect my phone to PC (I charge it this way, cause it's easier) Since 4.3 there's no Kies app on the phone, just Kies 3 for the PC which I DONT use (even uninstalled it), just connect it like a flash memory. So what can I do, besides full reset?

The best way to keep contacts on an Android phone is by using your Gmail contact list.
    That way, you cannot lose them, and each time you change your Android phone, your contacts are synced.

There are many ways of displaying your contacts.
    If you go to Phone > Contacts, > Menu > Contacts to display - you have a list of options.
    Select 'All' if you have contacts in different accounts or on sim card.

There are lots of apps to backup your contacts, but the best is Helium.
    This offers almost the same options as a rooted phone, but without rooting.
    Last edited by greenman; 05-03-2014 at 22:36.

Ok I synced with Gmail already. But I'm used to view what's on my device. Is it that hard to keep these contacts both in Gmail and in the device list... (I also exported many of them to the sim , just in case..)

Quote Originally Posted by marto17 [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    Ok I synced with Gmail already. But I'm used to view what's on my device. Is it that hard to keep these contacts both in Gmail and in the device list... (I also exported many of them to the sim , just in case..)
    No it is not difficult to keep contacts in your contact list.
    It is a matter of choosing the account you want to use.
    Choose 'All' and every place on your phone and any accounts linked to your phone - Gmail, Hotmail, Facebook etc will be shown (after syncing)

If you do not like synced contacts, then go to Settings > Accounts and choose each account listed and untick Contacts.

If you just want to show contacts saved on your phone then select that.
    Last edited by greenman; 05-03-2014 at 23:08.

Well, I figured it out. It's not the anroid, it's Viber. I didn't realize it till yesterday. In Viber I see my contacts double. Some of them are even triple. So when I open Viber I always delete the duplicate contacts - manually. Then after a while I get the missing contacts from the phone. After that I get them back to the phone, I again open Viber and see the duplicate contacts and I again delete them cause it's annoying! I told my friends with android phones and they tried the same - the result was also the same... So don't delete the duplicate numbers from Viber, cause it'll delete them from your phone!