Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Is my phone network locked?

Quote Originally Posted by boofgb [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    The main reason for my post was i am tyring to find out when kitkat will be available for download OTA on my phone.
    Check for OTA updates by going to Settings > More > About device > Software updates

If you set to Auto update then you will get a notification on your Home page.

So can a phone be flashed to the OXX version and then still receive the OTA updates?
    You'll guess im new to this!

Overlapped there!

Ive chekced the OTA and no updates it states that the newest updates are already instatelled. (4.3)

Quote Originally Posted by boofgb [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    So can a phone be flashed to the OXX version and then still receive the OTA updates?
    You'll guess im new to this!
    If OTA updates are important for you, then do not touch your firmware, and wait for the OTA notification.

You can also check with Kies3.
    Install Kies3 and watch video here for how to check:
    [ Login above or register to see download links. ]

ive chec ked via Kies and it says latested firmware alreaady installed. guess ill just have to be patient and wait for the update. thanks

ive chec ked via Kies and it says latested firmware alreaady installed. guess ill just have to be patient and wait for the update. thanks
    Post #5 suggests that there is another update which you will probably get OTA or you could install with Odin.
    But it will be a minor update, so I would advise waiting for an OTA or Kies update.
    Should be available to you shortly.

cheers

Quote Originally Posted by greenman [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    Then it is not locked to the network or you are updating with the Meteor firmware.
    Oh but i dont think a different sim would work in my phone besides meteor..that what i meant to say. I bought the phone from meteor so i presume only a meteor sim would work in it. No i'm not updating with meteor firmware, i have been using the xxufnb9 from nordic countries and just updated via odin to malaysian xxufnbe. Once meteor/ireland receive kitkat then i plan to use that firmware.

Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by crincron [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    Oh but i dont think a different sim would work in my phone besides meteor..that what i meant to say. I bought the phone from meteor so i presume only a meteor sim would work in it. No i'm not updating with meteor firmware, i have been using the xxufnb9 from nordic countries and just updated via odin to malaysian xxufnbe. Once meteor/ireland receive kitkat then i plan to use that firmware.
    Firmware does not have common from simlock anything :-)
    Think the moment...have you simlock on Meteor but firmware open and as you think ? can you work on the different card than The meteor ? :-) Not :-)

Quote Originally Posted by crincron [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    If you are installing firmware from another country, your phone is definitely not locked to Meteor.
    You can use any sim card and any firmware you choose.