Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: [GT-I9505] Upgrade firmware with root?

Quote Originally Posted by greenman [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    i didn't spot that.
    Yes, that would stop kies from updating.
    If there is no difference in the available languages, then return your firmware to xme and kies will update again.

Or just update with odin in future - no real problem with that.
    super thanks greenman =))))))))

Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bayem13 [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    because i want my phone back to original =)
    You do not need Kies to this and rom open for your region :-)
    OK thank for your time.

Hi,

I saw this topic is a little bit messed up.
    I tried to search for updates via OTA (4.4.2 is not released yet here, I saw at firmware at this website).

It said my device has been modified. If I unroot my phone via Kingo (it has a unroot function), will it work then?

I saw I can fix it via TriangleAway, but it costs money (app isn't free), so that's not the option for me at the moment.

Premium Member
    Hi mate,
    Taste this TringleAway :
    [ Login above or register to see download links. ]

Today you can flashing from Odin 4.4.2 Kitkatt :-) have you I9505 ?
    Last edited by Dychowski; 05-03-2014 at 22:55.

Is it safe if I update via Kies? Just want the safe, stock ROM from Samsung for my country.

Yes I have 9505. But it isn't officially released in NL.

Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by michaelw1998 [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    Is it safe if I update via Kies? Just want the safe, stock ROM from Samsung for my country.

Yes I have 9505. But it isn't officially released in NL.
    In todays' times nothing is already safe :-) but it`s oficial rom Samsung, oficial open, not branding rom, not for Kies, for Odin :-),

Okay, and if I download via Kies.. will it brick my phone or only delete root? Or what might it do?

Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by michaelw1998 [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    Okay, and if I download via Kies.. will it brick my phone or only delete root? Or what might it do?
    Kies will not see the actualization surely because you have modifications romu, throw in oneself rom Kitkatt via Odin and this is rom open Europe now surely Your language is.

And where to find the KitKat rom?
    And I want to delete my Kingo root, and root it with CWM.

Do I need to install kitkat first and then root, or both at same time? (And, do I lose my data?)

Premium Member
    And where to find the KitKat rom?
    And I want to delete my Kingo root, and root it with CWM.

Do I need to install kitkat first and then root, or both at same time? (And, do I lose my data?)
    My friend....listen attentively :
    Kitkatt this The android 4.4.2 from new bootloader, there is the no option of the return to Android 4.3, 4.2 etc Kitkatt has Knox and as you will make root, the counter changes and you do not have Knox any more, i.e. you have but with the flag 0 x1 that is you do not have the guarantee on Knox, on the today's day he will not give oneself this to solve.
    You will lose all data near this option update to Kitkatt because should phone clean up andf lashing new bootloader. I can You take and help but you have to know what this Kitkatt :-)